Highlights of Minuteman Press’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2014 FDD)
- A Minuteman Press center offers full service printing and marketing services, including digital printing, design, finishing, mailing, advertising specialty items, and related marketing services. Your general market will include businesses as well as the general public, and your competitors will include independent printing shops, other printing franchises, related copy businesses, and to a lesser degree, large commercial printers.
- The financial performance representation below reflects the average gross sales of franchised Minuteman Press centers in the United States in business for one (1) year prior to the study, for the twelve (12) month period of January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- This figure is based on the monthly sales reports Minuteman Press received during that period from 555 centers. These centers represent 79.6% of the U.S. centers operating at that time.
- The number of centers whose sales were used to calculate the average that attained or surpassed the average sales within their region is 165 centers, or 30% of the centers used to calculate the average.
- Minuteman Press did not use the sales reports from owners in calculating average sales if the owner had been in business less than one (1) year or did not report all twelve consecutive months during the time period.
- The services offered by Minuteman to its franchisees are materially similar throughout the country. The services offered by the franchisees may vary somewhat as to type and extent depending on a number of factors.
- The franchisee’s sales volume is dependent on the type and quality of the services it offers to the general public. This volume will also be greatly influenced by the individual franchisee’s sales and marketing efforts. It has been Minuteman’s experience that there is no substitute for diligent marketing efforts by the franchisee.
Advisory Committee – President’s Million Dollar Circle
- In an effort to better assist the franchisees and to improve the system as a whole, Minuteman Press has created an advisory committee known as the President’s Million Dollar Circle. Membership is predicated on the franchisee attaining gross sales over one million dollars in the past fiscal year. Presently, members’ gross sales range from one million dollars to over 5 million dollars annually.
- The committee gives its input as to various matters that affect the franchise system such as advertising, equipment, personnel, and product vendors. There is a scheduled meeting once a year in addition to the various surveys and questionnaires that are proposed to the members. Members also serve as panelists on various issues at the franchise conventions.
- The membership fluctuates from year to year but a list of members is available upon request. The number of members of the President’s Million Dollar Circle as of December 31, 2013 is stated below. It should be noted that the gross sales of the President’s Million Dollar Circle are not representative of the system as a whole, nor are their sales typical or average of a Minuteman store.
Average Gross Sales of Franchised Minuteman Press Centers
To Access the Rest of This Article and Other Premium, Income-Enhancing Content, Subscribe Now or Log In.
Gain the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment. Click Here to Learn More.
Gain the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment - See more at: https://www.franchisechatter.com/register/#sthash.le7wKJKM.dpuf
Leave a Reply