Made in the Shade Blinds & More Franchise Costs: Estimated Initial Investment (Item 7, 2022 FDD)
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $59,000
2. Initial Website Fee: $99 to $249
- This is the fee for the first month of hosting of your website.
3. Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: $0 to $1,000
🔐The Very Best of Franchise Chatter
- You may operate your Made in the Shade Business from a home office. If you locate your office in your home, Made in the Shade requires that you establish a space for the operation of your Business that is separate and distinct from your general living space.
- The estimate in the chart is for items such as a desk, chair, task lighting, wastebasket, landline telephone handset, file cabinet, and table for your printer-fax-scanner machine to be included in a home office.
- The lower end of the estimate contemplates that you presently have office furniture that you can use in your home office, and the high end of the estimate contemplates the purchase of office furniture.
- If you elect to establish your business in an office location other than your home, you may need additional furniture or fixtures that will increase your expenditure, and you will have rent deposit and other expenses not contemplated in this chart.
4. Computer Hardware and Software: $100 to $2,000
- This estimate is for the purchase of a computer, software, printer-fax-scanner, and other personal communications devices that Made in the Shade specifies for the operation of your Made in the Shade Business.
5. Office Supplies: $50 to $200
- This estimate is for the office supplies, such as paper, presentation folders, pens, pencils, printer ink, paper clips, stapler, file folders, note pads, stationery, business cards, etc., that you will need to operate your Made in the Shade Business.
- The low end of the estimate is for lower quality and quantity of supplies and the higher estimate represents a higher quality product and/or quantity of supplies.
6. Insurance: $400 to $600
- You are required to obtain and maintain the minimum amount of insurance specified in Item 8 of the Franchise Disclosure Document.
- The cost of coverage will vary based upon the area in which your business will be located, your experience with the insurance carrier, the loss experience of the carrier, and other factors.
- You should also check with your insurance agent or broker regarding any additional insurance that you may wish to carry above Made in the Shade’s stated minimums.
7. Initial Training Expenses: $500 to $1,000
- Made in the Shade does not charge tuition or materials for the initial training, however you are responsible for all transportation, lodging, and other costs associated with attending training.
- These estimates cover the cost of any transportation, accommodation, and meals incurred during the training period for one person.
- Your costs will vary depending upon your point of origin, method of travel, class of accommodation, and living expenses (food, transportation, etc.).
- Wages for your personnel while in training are not included.
8. Professional Fees: $2,000 to $2,500
🚀How to Find, Vet & FUND a Good Franchise. Watch Our Webinar Live or the Recording Later (Register Now – It's Free)
- This estimate includes costs to engage legal and accounting professionals to advise you in your purchase of this franchise, the formation of your franchise entity, and the start-up and initial operation of a Made in the Shade Business.
- Professional expenses vary by geographic area, size of the firm engaged, and other factors.
9. Licenses and Permits: $300 to $500
- You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining all licenses and permits necessary to operate the Made in the Shade Business. The estimates in this Item 7 represent the costs experienced by Made in the Shade’s affiliate and the experience of Made in the Shade’s management in operating the business model contemplated in the Franchise Disclosure Document.
- Made in the Shade strongly recommends that you investigate all permit costs and requirements in your area before making the decision to become a Made in the Shade franchisee.
10. Vehicle and Wrap: $1,500 to $2,500
- You will need a vehicle and wrap that meets Made in the Shade’s standards. These estimates assume that you will take out a loan or lease a vehicle. If you purchase a vehicle for cash, your costs will be higher.
11. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $2,000 to $5,000
- You will need additional funds during the start-up phase of your Made in the Shade Business to pay employees, purchase supplies, and pay other expenses.
- Made in the Shade estimates the start-up phase to be 3 months from the date you open for business.
- These amounts do not include any estimates for debt service.
- These figures are estimates, and Made in the Shade cannot assure you that you will not have additional expenses.
- Your actual costs will depend on factors like your management skills, experience, and business acumen.
- You should base your estimated start-up expenses on the anticipated costs in your market and consider whether you will need additional cash reserves.
12. Total: $65,949 to $74,549
- This estimate is based upon Made in the Shade’s industry experience and that of its franchisees.