Updated August 8, 2021.
Detailed Estimates of Glass Guru Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Glass Guru’s 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Franchise Fee: $19,500 to $45,000
2. Real Estate/Rent: $3,500 to $8,000
- You must lease or otherwise provide a suitable facility for the operation of the Franchise Business. Your lease costs can vary based upon variance in square footage, cost per square foot, and required maintenance costs.
- Glass Guru assumes that you will have to pay the first month’s rent and a security deposit equal to one month’s rent in advance. The rent you pay is typically not refundable, but your security deposit may be under certain circumstances.
3. Utility Deposits: $0 to $500
- If you are a new customer of your local utilities, you will generally have to pay deposits in connection with services such as electric, telephone, gas, and water. The amount of the deposit and whether the deposit is refundable will vary depending upon the policies of the local utilities. You should contact your local utilities for more information.
4. Leasehold Improvements: $500 to $2,000
- If you rent space, you may need or choose to make minimal renovations. The cost of leasehold improvements will vary based upon size, condition and location of the premises, local wage rates, and material costs. The amounts you pay for leasehold improvements are typically not refundable.
5. Insurance: $500 to $1,500
- You must purchase the type and amount of insurance specified in the Franchise Agreement in addition to any other insurance that may be required by applicable law, any lender, or lessor.
6. Office Equipment and Supplies: $1,500 to $5,000
- You must purchase general office supplies including printers, stationery, business cards, and other typical office equipment.
7. Initial Glass Guru Tool Kit: $1,000
- You will be required to purchase the initial Glass Guru tool kit from Glass Guru prior to beginning operations. This “Kit” provides tools necessary for your Franchise Business to provide Glass Guru’s proprietary moisture removal service, including a small supply of micro-vents.
- This “Kit” is available through Glass Guru’s online store.
8. Training: $1,500 to $2,500
- The cost of initial training is included in the Franchise Fee, but you are responsible for transportation and expenses for meals and lodging while attending training.
- The initial training program is available to the Designated Manager and one office assistant. Up to two additional field or office assistants will be allowed to attend the initial training program with Glass Guru’s prior consent.
9. Signage: $2,500 to $4,000
- This range includes the cost of all signage used in the Franchise Business.
10. Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: $500 to $3,500
- You will be required to purchase and/or lease and install furniture, fixtures, and equipment such as desks, chairs, lamps, filing cabinets, and other basic office items necessary to operate your Franchise Business.
11. Computer Equipment: $1,250 to $4,800
- You will be required to have one computer workstation with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks and other software as outlined in the Operations Manual. These will need to be purchased if you don’t have them already.
12. Software Systems: $1,305 to $2,730
- You will be required to pay Glass Guru a technology fee that covers the direct costs of approved software, software licenses, subscriptions, development, maintenance, and hosting for all systems substantially benefiting franchise locations, including but not limited to feature sets like field service management (FSM), business productivity software, Intranet, learning management system (LMS), business intelligence systems (BI), and any additional systems/software otherwise authorized and/or required in the Operations Manual.
- The current monthly fee equals the greater of $360 or 1% of Gross Sales, with a maximum fee of $760 being assessed.
- You are also required to use Intuit QuickBooks Online for your accounting software. The QuickBooks license is not included with the technology fee, and you must acquire and license the software directly with Intuit or approved reseller at a cost of $75 to $150 per month.
13. Phone System: $500 to $2,500
- You will be required to purchase a cell phone and a dedicated phone line to a commercial office. The number must be one with an area code and prefix that is local to the Area of Primary Responsibility.
14. Vehicle: $15,000 to $40,000
- You may be required to lease or purchase a utility vehicle, van, or truck for use in the operation of the Franchise Business. The high and low estimates represent lease costs, which may vary based on such factors as the location of the Franchise Business, competition among local dealers, and the time of year.
- Each vehicle is also required to be wrapped, and each vehicle transporting glass is required to have a glass rack for use in the operation of the Franchise Business. The high and low estimates represent vehicle wrap costs and glass rack costs, which may vary based on such factors as the location of the Franchise Business, competition among local dealers, and the time of year. These expenses are typically not refundable.
15. Grand Opening/Direct Advertising: $5,000 to $10,000
- You must purchase The Glass Guru Brand Identity Package from Glass Guru for $5,000 prior to beginning operations of the Franchise Business. These items include store posters, displays, banners, trade show items, rack, and other card bearing the Marks and promote the services offered by the Glass Guru Business. You may choose to spend more.
16. Licenses and Permits: $2,000 to $4,000
- Local government agencies typically charge fees for such things as contractors’ licenses, business and other operating licenses. Your actual costs may vary from the estimates based on the requirements of local government agencies.
17. Legal and Accounting: $2,500 to $5,000
- Glass Guru strongly suggests that you employ an attorney, an accountant, and/or other consultants to assist you in establishing your Franchise Business. These fees may vary from location to location depending upon the prevailing rates of local attorneys, accountants, and consultants.
- In conjunction with entering into the Franchise Agreement, you are required to obtain an independent third-party bookkeeping service approved by Glass Guru to facilitate your bookkeeping for the first 3 full months of operation. Glass Guru’s Approved and/or Preferred Vendors typically charge $1,500 for this service.
18. Additional Funds/Working Capital for 3 Months: $15,000 to $30,000
- Glass Guru recommends that you have a minimum amount of money available to cover operating expenses, including employees’ salaries, for the first 3 months that the Franchise Business is open. However, Glass Guru cannot guarantee that its recommendation will be sufficient.
- Additional working capital may be required if sales are low or operating costs are high.
19. Total: $73,555 to $172,030
- In compiling this chart, Glass Guru relied on its and its Affiliate’s combined industry experience in operating a Glass Guru Business since 2004. The amounts shown are estimates only and may vary for many reasons including the capabilities of your management team, where you locate your Franchise Business, and your business experience and acumen.