Bloomin’ Blinds Franchise Costs: Estimated Initial Investment (Item 7, 2022 FDD)
- If you lease a location, then your lease security deposit and utility deposits will usually be refundable unless you owe money to the landlord or utility provider. None of the other expenditures below will be refundable.
- Neither Bloomin’ Blinds nor any affiliate finances any part of your initial investment.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $49,500
2. Start-Up Expense Fee: $25,000
3. Rent, Utilities, and Leasehold Improvements: $0 to $5,000
- Bloomin’ Blinds expects you to open as a home-based business, so its low-end estimate is $0. The high-end estimate assumes that you elect to get empty commercial space and outfit a warehouse with a small office.
4. Market Introduction Program: $0 to $1,000
5. Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: $0 to $500
6. Insurance: $300 to $3,000
- The low-end estimated cost of insurance assumes a minimum monthly payment of $300, and only one month’s payment required before you open for business. The high-end estimate assumes you pay an entire year of insurance costs before opening.
- You will typically have the choice to make payments monthly, quarterly, or annually.
7. Vehicle: $700 to $55,000
- You must use a white van for your business.
- Unless you obtain Bloomin’ Blinds’ prior approval, Bloomin’ Blinds requires that you use one of the following models: any Sprinter model, Ford Transit, or Dodge Ram Pro Master.
- Your vehicle must be in excellent (or better) condition, clean, dent-free, and otherwise presenting a professional appearance.
- You must use the Bloomin’ Blinds van only for business purposes.
- The low-end estimate assumes you finance a suitable vehicle with signage, that you do not have to make a down payment, and do not have to make your first monthly payment for 60 days after acquiring the vehicle. The high-end estimate assumes you purchase a suitable use vehicle. If you purchase a new van, the cost could be up to $50,000.
8. Office Expenses: $500 to $1,000
9. Inventory: $0
- Bloomin’ Blinds will provide you with your initial inventory package used in selling and installing the blinds and materials in customers’ buildings and homes as part of the Start-Up Expense Fee. After you open, you will purchase inventory directly from the vendors.
- The initial package is designed to give you a broad working inventory and will be sufficient in most territories for some period of time to cover one operational van. Depending on the region and the variations of products installed in your area, there may be more inventory that needs to be ordered above and beyond what is provided by Bloomin’ Blinds.
- Bloomin’ Blinds does not anticipate that you will need additional vans during your introductory period; however, if you do elect to utilize additional vans, you will likely need to purchase additional supplies.
10. Licenses and Permits: $0 to $1,500
11. Professional Fees (Lawyer, Accountant, Etc.): $400 to $1,500
12. Travel and Meals for Initial Training: $700 to $1,500
- Bloomin’ Blinds will pay for your hotel stay during the initial training program as part of the Start Up Expense Fee, as well as transportation between your hotel and Bloomin’ Blinds’ offices. Other travel expenses are your responsibility.
13. Additional Funds (for first 3 months): $10,000 to $20,000
- This includes any other required expenses you will incur before operations begin and during the initial period of operations, such as payroll, additional inventory, and other operating expenses in excess of income generated by the business. It does not include any salary or compensation for you.
- In formulating the amount required for additional funds, Bloomin’ Blinds relied on the following factors, basis, and experience: the development of a Bloomin’ Blinds business by Bloomin’ Blinds’ affiliate, and Bloomin’ Blinds’ general knowledge of the industry.
14. Total: $87,100 to $164,500