Detailed Estimates of Bloomin’ Blinds Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Bloomin’ Blinds’ 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
- If you lease a location, then your lease security deposit and utility deposits will usually be refundable unless you owe money to the landlord or utility provider. None of the other expenditures below will be refundable.
- Neither Bloomin’ Blinds nor any affiliate finances any part of your initial investment.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $40,000
2. Start-Up Expense Fee: $0 to $8,500
- The low estimate assumes that you are already a franchisee and are not required to pay for these items. The high estimate assumes that you (like any new franchisee) must purchase these items and pay Bloomin’ Blinds this fee.
3. Rent, Utilities, and Leasehold Improvements: $0
- Bloomin’ Blinds estimates real property, leasehold improvements, and utilities at zero because it expects you will open as a home-based business.
4. Market Introduction Program: $0 to $1,000
5. Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment: $0 to $500
6. Computer Systems: $195 to $1,500
7. Insurance: $300 to $3,000
- The low-end estimated cost of insurance assumes a minimum monthly payment of $300, and only one month’s payment required before you open for business. The high-end estimate assumes you pay an entire year of insurance costs before opening.
- You will typically have the choice to make payments monthly, quarterly, or annually.
8. Vehicle: $10,000 to $35,000
- You must use a white van for your business.
- Unless you obtain Bloomin’ Blinds’ prior approval, Bloomin’ Blinds requires that you use one of the following models: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Ford Transit, Nissan NV Cargo van, or Dodge Ram Pro Master.
- Your vehicle must be in good condition, clean, dent-free, and otherwise presenting a professional appearance.
- You must use the Bloomin’ Blinds van only for business purposes.
- The low-end estimate assumes you lease a suitable vehicle. The high-end estimate assumes you purchase a suitable use vehicle. If you purchase a new van, the cost could be up to $35,000.
9. Vehicle Signage: $1,200 to $2,200
10. Office Expenses: $1,000 to $2,000
11. Inventory: $0
- Bloomin’ Blinds will provide you with your initial inventory package used in selling and installing the blinds and materials in customers’ buildings and homes as part of the Start-Up Expense Fee. After you open, you will purchase inventory directly from the vendors.
- The initial package is designed to give you a broad working inventory and will be sufficient in most territories for some period of time. Depending on the region and the variations of products installed in your area, there may be more inventory that needs to be ordered above and beyond what is provided by Bloomin’ Blinds.
12. Licenses and Permits: $200 to $500
13. Professional Fees (Lawyer, Accountant, Etc.): $400 to $1,500
14. Uniforms: $75 to $225
15. Travel and Meals for Initial Training: $700 to $1,500
- Bloomin’ Blinds will pay for your hotel stay during training, as well as transportation between your hotel and Bloomin’ Blinds’ offices. Other travel expenses are your responsibility.
16. Additional Funds (for first 3 months): $8,500 to $40,000
- This includes any other required expenses you will incur before operations begin and during the initial period of operations, such as payroll, additional inventory, and other operating expenses in excess of income generated by the business.
- In formulating the amount required for additional funds, Bloomin’ Blinds relied on the following factors, basis, and experience: the development of a Bloomin’ Blinds business by Bloomin’ Blinds’ affiliate, and Bloomin’ Blinds’ general knowledge of the industry.
- These figures are estimates, and Bloomin’ Blinds cannot guarantee that you will not have additional, or higher, expenses. You should review these figures carefully with a business advisor before making any decision to purchase a franchise.
17. Total: $62,570 to $137,425