Detailed Estimates of Window Genie Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Window Genie’s 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $33,000 to $82,000
- The minimum initial franchise fee is $33,000 for a Territory of up to 50,000 households. If you wish to purchase a Territory of more than 50,000 households, you will pay a fee of $.50 for each additional household above 50,000, up to a maximum of $82,000. You may purchase more than 50,000 households only if approved by Window Genie.
- You may qualify for a discount on the initial franchise fee.
- You must pay the initial franchise fee in full when you sign the Franchise Agreement.
- Window Genie may agree to finance a portion of the initial franchise fee, depending on your creditworthiness, the collateral that you have available, and Window Genie’s then-current financing policies. Monthly payments depend on the amount financed.
- The initial franchise fee is not refundable.
2. Start-Up Package: $26,000
- Certain prescribed equipment and specialized supplies are necessary for the operation of the Business, including window cleaning, window tinting, and pressure washing tools and equipment.
- An initial purchase of 40 cases of WG-57 Glass Cleaner, film installation tools, job-specific ladders, ladder racks, and job-related supplies and cleaning solutions is required. Also needed are one vehicle wrap for a Ford Transit Connect, and logo apparel items bearing custom printed or embroidered Window Genie logo, such as t-shirts, polo shirts, button-down shirts, pullovers, baseball caps, winter knit caps, etc.
- Custom marketing materials include brochures, flyers, folders, and direct mail items. Custom printed office supplies include business cards, letterhead, proposals, etc. An iOS 10X or newer iPad will be needed at time of training.
- The Start-up Equipment and Supply package must be paid for before opening.
3. Office Package: $0 to $1,500
- Includes all office equipment, such as computer system, printer/fax machine, and calculator. The cost of the computer system you will need to operate your franchise will depend upon the operating features, whether the equipment is new or used, and whether you purchase or lease it.
4. Initial Training: $1,600 to $3,800
- Initial training costs is an estimate of funds needed to cover the following training costs: (i) pre-opening expenses including lodging, meals, and travel expense for you and one additional person to attend the management training program in Cincinnati, Ohio and/or any other designated training location Window Genie may designate from time to time, and (ii) initial employee wages.
5. Opening Advertising: $3,000 to $9,000
- You must spend a minimum of $3,000 on advertising and promotion in connection with the grand opening of the Business. This minimum amount is in addition to the Minimum Quarterly Advertising. A Business may determine to spend more than the Minimum Grand Opening Advertising.
- You will be required to spend the Minimum Grand Opening Advertising during the 90 days immediately preceding commencement of operations. You will be able to utilize marketing and medium materials which Window Genie previously developed and/or approved.
6. Security Deposits, Utility Deposits, Business Licenses, and Other Prepaid Expenses: $1,200 to $2,200
- In addition to the above items, you may be required to pay for various permits, utility deposits, prepaid tax payments, insurance premiums, and pre-opening salaries for employees. The cost of these items will vary, and Window Genie’s estimate is between $1,200 to $2,200 for a typical franchise.
7. Vehicle: $0 to $1,500
- The estimate assumes that you lease or purchase a new Ford Transit Connect, or similar vehicle, as required in the Franchise Agreement, and represents a typical down payment on the purchase or lease of a vehicle and estimated monthly payments for the initial three-month period.
8. Real Estate: $0 to $500
- The low estimate assumes you will be a home-based Business at the outset. The high estimate is based on estimated security deposit for an approximately 500-square-foot commercial facility.
9. Professional Fees: $0 to $5,000
- These are estimates for fees that will be charged by your attorney to review the Franchise Agreement and other documents, to advise you, and to incorporate a business entity on your behalf if desired. This estimate also includes fees charged by an accountant and/or financial advisor.
- These amounts are only estimates and your actual fees may vary significantly depending on the specific work you request, the advisors you select, and the rates for professional fees in your area.
- The franchisor also strongly recommends that you seek the assistance of professional advisors when evaluating this franchise opportunity and the franchise documents. It also is advisable for these professionals to review any lease or other contracts you will sign as part of starting the Business.
10. Additional Funds for Initial 3-Month Period: $28,000 to $41,000
- You will need approximately $28,000 to $41,000 of additional funds for miscellaneous additional items and general operating expenses for the start-up phase of the Business, estimated to be three months.
- These figures are estimates and the franchisor cannot guarantee that you will not have additional expenses starting the Business. Your actual costs will be dependent on a variety of factors, including local economic conditions, wage rates, competition, and the sales levels achieved over this initial start-up period of time.
11. Total: $92,800 to $172,500
- The franchisor’s estimates are based upon the prior operation by an affiliate of a Window Genie operation in Cincinnati, Ohio and the experiences of the company’s existing Window Genie franchises.
- The additional working capital and amounts listed above do not include compensation for your time or labor. Therefore, in addition to the initial investment itemized above, you will also need sufficient savings or source of income to cover your personal living expenses during the start-up phase of the Business.
- Financing may be available depending on your creditworthiness, the collateral that you have available, and the franchisor’s then-current financing policies. The estimates do not include any finance charge, interest, or debt service obligations.