Detailed Estimates of GarageExperts Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of GarageExperts’ 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
- None of the fees paid to GarageExperts in this chart are refundable. The fees paid to VBP are refundable, less a 20% restocking fee, if you return items purchased from them in new condition. Whether such fees paid to third parties are refundable would depend upon the policies of the third parties.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $15,000
- GarageExperts offers a 10% discount on the initial franchise fee for a Veteran honorably discharged from any branch of the U.S. armed forces within 10 years of applying for a franchise with GarageExperts.
2. Equipment, Furniture, Fixtures, and Signage: $17,772 to $27,044
- You will pay approximately $20,376 of this amount to GarageExperts’ affiliate, VBP, for installation equipment, computer equipment, and the remainder to third-party vendors.
3. GarageExperts Vehicles: $0 to $60,000
- You must own, purchase, or lease the number of vehicles (“Vehicles”) meeting GarageExperts’ standards and specifications on which the GarageExperts advertising wrap is placed.
- These figures include the estimated upfront costs and the first three months’ payments (a total of $700) to lease a vehicle if you do not already have one, as well as the estimated cost to make certain modifications and additions to the Vehicle(s) as GarageExperts requires, including installing decals, vehicle wraps, logos, and racks. Your costs may vary.
4. Computer Hardware and Software: $4,060 to $5,000
- This estimate includes the cost of a laptop, designer software, and a small color printer.
- GarageExperts has not included the cost of required hardware and software maintenance agreements, if any. This figure also does not include any technical support costs associated with operating the hardware or software.
5. Cellular Phone and a Mobile Wireless Hotspot: $300 to $500
6. Wages, Travel, and Living Expenses During Training: $1,500 to $5,000
- You must pay the expenses of persons attending the Initial Training Program including transportation, lodging, meals, and wages. The amount will depend, in part, on the distance the attendees must travel and the type of accommodations you choose.
- The estimates above contemplate the training of 2 persons for 5 days in Anaheim, California.
7. Leasing Costs: $0 to $3,500
- If you lease warehouse or office space for your operations, you will incur costs for a security deposit and rent.
8. Advertising: $6,000 to $10,000
- This estimate covers a start-up advertising budget for marketing supplies, shirts, brochures, samples, online advertising, and other advertising.
9. Insurance Deposits and Premiums: $200 to $1,000
- This is an estimated down payment against the annual premiums you must pay for the insurance required under the Franchise Agreement and Manuals. This estimate is for workers’ compensation, errors and omissions, automobile, and comprehensive general liability insurance.
10. Licenses and Permits: $100 to $1,500
11. Professional Fees: $1,500 to $5,000
12. Miscellaneous Supplies: $100 to $500
13. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $5,000 to $12,000
- These figures are estimates of your initial expenses covering the first three months of your operation, which GarageExperts bases upon its years of experience with this franchise concept. GarageExperts cannot guarantee that you will not have additional expenses starting the business.
- Do not construe the estimates as a break-even point. Your costs will depend on: how well you follow GarageExperts’ methods and procedures; your management skills, experience, and business acumen; local economic conditions; the local market for GarageExperts’ services; the prevailing wage rate; competition; and the sales level reached during the initial period.
14. Total Estimated Initial Investment: $51,532 to $146,044