Detailed Estimates of Mosquito Squad Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Mosquito Squad’s 2018 Franchise Disclosure Document
- The estimated high and low ranges in the table are based on the past experience of Outdoor Pest Control franchises. All fees imposed by Mosquito Squad are non-refundable unless otherwise noted. Fees and expenses paid to vendors or other third parties may or may not be refundable depending on the arrangements you make with them.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $1,250 to $32,500
- The low end of the range assumes you qualified for a Conversion Discount of 75% off the Initial Franchise Fee for an Add-On Territory and for the VetFran Discount. The high end of the range assumes you paid the standard Initial Franchisee Fee.
- The Initial Franchise Fee is due when you sign the Franchise Agreement and is non-refundable once paid except as provided in Item 5.
- Mosquito Squad will consider financing up to 50% of the Initial Franchise Fee for up to 12 months with interest at 3.0 percentage points above the prime interest rate.
2. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $500 to $1,000
- Mosquito Squad provides training at its corporate office and training center located in Richmond, Virginia or at another location it designates. You must pay for airfare, meals, transportation costs, salaries, benefits, lodging, and incidental expenses for all initial training program attendees.
3. Tools and Equipment: $2,000 to $3,000
4. Computer Hardware and Software: $800 to $2,000
- The estimated initial investment includes costs related to the purchase of specified computer hardware and software. If Mosquito Squad requires, you must provide it with electronic access to certain daily information.
5. Inventory: $1,200 to $6,500
- Your initial inventory and supplies will typically include several complete pest elimination and control systems and related parts, plus sufficient start-up barrier treatment product.
- Mosquito Squad has the right to change the inventory and supplies at any time.
6. Trade Show Booth: $2,500
7. Storage Facility for Inventory and Equipment: $0 to $375
- The low end of the range assumes that you already own adequate storage space.
- If you do not own adequate storage space either in your home or at an external storage facility, you must lease space to store your inventory and supplies for your Outdoor Pest Control Business.
- Local law may require that your storage facility be located in a commercial (non-residential) area. You are responsible for determining if there are any requirements regarding the location of your storage facility.
- If you lease space, you will generally be required to pay first and last months’ rent, plus a security deposit, at the time you sign the lease.
- In most cases, the terms and conditions of all agreements relating to the purchase, lease, and alteration of the property will be negotiated solely by you; however, Mosquito Squad may require you to incorporate certain provisions into your lease.
8. Vehicle: $0 to $2,250
- Mosquito Squad does not require that you purchase a vehicle if you already own a suitable light duty pickup truck or van in good condition.
- The low end of the range assumes that you already own a suitable light duty pickup truck or van.
- If you do not already own a suitable light duty pickup truck, you must either lease or purchase one. The high end of the range assumes that you will lease a light duty pickup truck.
- A light duty pickup truck can be leased, depending on your credit and the auto dealer, with an approximate $250 to $500 deposit and monthly payments negotiated with the auto dealer.
9. Vehicle Signage: $1,300 to $1,800
- You must purchase a light duty pickup truck signage wrap. Mosquito Squad will provide you with the requirements and design for the light duty pickup truck signage wrap.
10. Initial (i.e. 3 months) Marketing Expenses: $5,000 to $20,000
- You will launch a marketing and advertising campaign for your Outdoor Pest Control Business in your Territory when you begin operations of your Outdoor Pest Control Business and, potentially, before the operating season in your Territory.
- This initial marketing and advertising investment is a component of the required minimum of $30,000 per year Individual Advertising Investment and may need to be increased depending on the timing of the start of your Outdoor Pest Control Business, the mosquito control season in your area, and your annual sales and new customer acquisition goals for business.
- While the minimum required Individual Advertising Investment is $30,000 per territory, Mosquito Squad recommends investing at least $35,000 annually in approved marketing, advertising, and lead generation activities.
11. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $2,500 to $7,500
- This is for budgeting purposes only to account for unanticipated expenses.
- This amount includes estimated operating expenses you should expect to incur during the first 3 months of operations, not including any revenue generated by your Outdoor Pest Control Business.
- It includes Monthly Brand Licensing Fees; National Branding and Marketing Fees; payroll costs; deposits; fees for city, state, and local business licenses; insurance; business entity organization expenses; other prepaid expenses; accounting and professional fees; and other operational expenses. These figures do not include any taxes that you may pay. These figures do not include any salary or compensation that you may choose to draw from the business.
12. Total: $17,050 to $79,425
- These figures are estimates only. You may incur additional expenses starting your Outdoor Pest Control Business.
- Mosquito Squad has relied on its over 10 years of management experience in working with franchised Outdoor Pest Control Businesses to compile these estimates.