Detailed Estimates of JDog Junk Removal & Hauling Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of JDog Junk Removal & Hauling’s 2018 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $27,500 to $30,000
- The Initial Franchise Fee is $30,000.
- Active, retired, or honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the United States Military are eligible for a $2,500 discount off this fee.
2. Approved Pick-Up Truck, SUV, Jeep, or Box Truck: $0 to $10,000
- Reflects deposit on an approved pick-up truck, SUV, Jeep, or box truck.
- JDog recommends a late model Jeep Wrangler with appropriate towing capacity, as it personifies JDog’s military image, but if you already own a vehicle with appropriate towing capacity or prefer another vehicle, you may submit it for JDog’s approval.
- If you choose to finance, you may have deposits and/or down payments but you would reduce your upfront cash requirements.
- Vehicle may be purchased, leased, or financed.
- All vehicles must be pre-approved and must wear JDog’s standard graphics.
3. Trailer: $0 to $10,000
- Reflects deposit on either (1) a 6′ x 6′ x 12′ double axle trailer or (2) a 7′ high x 6′ x 12′ or larger enclosed trailer.
- This estimate is subject to changes and regional variations in the market for such items. Prospective franchisee is strongly encouraged to research the current cost of such items in the intended market area.
- Any trailer must meet JDog’s minimum standards as outlined in the operations manual.
4. Equipment Carts/Dollies, Miscellaneous: $500 to $750
- Estimate, subject to changes and regional variations in the market for such items.
- Prospective franchisee is strongly encouraged to research the current cost of such items in the intended market area.
5. Permits and Licenses: $200 to $750
- The cost of permits and licenses are specific to the franchisee’s selected state and local government.
- The cost provided is strictly an estimate and a prospective franchisee is strongly encouraged to research governmental requirements for their specific area.
6. Signage – Vehicle Wrap: $3,000 to $8,000
- Reflects deposit on wrap/graphics for vehicle and trailer.
- Pricing will vary depending on the type of vehicle and trailer purchased/leased. You should inquire before selecting these items.
7. Insurance: $2,000 to $6,000
- This 3-month estimate is based on monthly fees ranging from $400 to $1,000.
- Insurance premiums may vary based on the franchisee’s previous claim history and/or their selected area of operations for their Franchised Business.
8. Cell Phone/Computer/Software: $500 to $1,500
- You must have a dedicated laptop computer with Internet access and must license or purchase the scheduling software JDog designates and financial management software. You must also have a cell phone with a separate phone number for accepting business calls.
9. Professional Fees: $500 to $2,000
10. Travel, Accommodations, and Meals During Initial Training: $300 to $3,000
- This estimate includes travel to and from the training location, food, and hotel accommodations for you and up to 1 employee for 6 days and 6 nights.
11. Storage Unit and/or Office Rent/Security Deposit: $600 to $1,200
- You may choose to rent a storage facility to store your truck, trailer, and equipment. You may also choose to, but are not required to, lease a designated office space from which to run your junk removal business.
- JDog estimates that you will require a minimum of 350 square feet of dedicated space to operate computer and telephone equipment and maintain records. JDog does not have any specific requirements for the quality and condition of this space, but it must have reliable telecommunications and/or Internet access, and should be such that you will be able to properly organize and maintain your customer and business records.
- If you do choose to secure separate office space, you will need to furnish the office, pay rent, and in some cases make a security deposit with the landlord.
- These costs vary according to area and the quality of the space and furnishings.
12. Initial Marketing: $3,000 to $6,000
- You must expend the Initial Marketing funds in the 30 days prior to through the first 30 days of operation of the Franchised Business on marketing and promoting your Franchised Business in the Territory.
- $3,000 is the minimum requirement; however JDog may recommend a higher amount in certain markets, based on costs and conditions in your area.
13. Wages: $4,000 to $6,000
- JDog estimates that you’ll require 1 full time employee during the first 10 weeks of operation.
14. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $3,000 to $10,400
- The estimate of additional funds for the initial period of your junk removal business is based on estimated operating expenses for the first 3 months of operation.
- JDog relied upon its experience operating a JDog Junk Removal location for approximately 3 years.
- Factors such as cost of living, cost of rental space, and cost of hiring additional help can all play a role in calculating this figure.
- The additional funds required will vary by the area and depend on whether you choose to rent office/storage space, and the monthly rent and expenses associated with such space.
15. Total: $45,100 to $95,600
- JDog does not provide direct financing for any part of your initial investment.