In this FDD Talk post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Any Lab Test Now franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for an Any Lab Test Now franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for an Any Lab Test Now franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of Any Lab Test Now’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- 2016 average gross sales by quartile for the 141 single-unit (standalone) franchises that were operating on December 31, 2016, and have been open for at least one full calendar year as of December 31, 2016
Section I – Background Information
11 Things You Need to Know About the Any Lab Test Now Franchise
Announces Partnership with Always Best Care Senior Services
1. In early January 2017, Any Lab Test Now announced its new strategic partnership with Always Best Care Senior Services. The partnership guarantees consistent pricing across the country for the thousands of employees that Always Best Care sends to Any Lab Test Now for an array of pre-employment drug, alcohol, and health tests.
2. The partnership started at the end of 2016 after a successful local toxicology partnership in the Birmingham, Alabama and Greenville, South Carolina markets. The Always Best Care locations in these areas were already sending in their employees for annual tests, such as 10-panel drug screens, Hepatitis C, and TB tests. Any Lab Test Now recognized the opportunity to grow the partnership nationally and pursued a partnership to establish consistent prices across-the-board for commonly-used employee drug screening tests and services.
3. Jake Brown, president of Always Best Care Senior Services, said, “Our clients expect us to send caregivers into their homes who have been thoroughly vetted and we are confident that ALTN provides a thorough and accurate testing platform to achieve that objective. This partnership will streamline our operations and make us more efficient while providing greater assurances to our clients with ALTN’s established procedures and pricing for employee drug testing.”
Appoints New Vice President of Business Development
4. At the start of 2017, Any Lab Test Now announced that it had promoted Josh Lourie to vice president of business development. Lourie has been with the company since 2016, serving as a business development consultant. Prior to working with Any Lab Test Now, Lourie was a former regional director and national account executive with Education Corporation of America (ECA), where he developed partnerships with many Fortune 1000 companies, including CVS, LabCorp, Sam’s Club, and Cardinal Health.
5. A few months before Lourie’s promotion, he secured national business partnerships for Any Lab Test Now with in-home care provider Always Best Care Senior Services and staffing company I.K. Hofmann USA, Inc.
6. Lourie said, “I am thrilled to help Any Lab Test Now grow and bring its best-in-class direct access testing to more people from coast to coast. With the partnerships, we are helping companies streamline their processes and stabilize their costs so they know what to expect. It’s an honor to help build this amazing brand with more than 150 franchise locations while generating awareness about direct access testing.”
Offers Prompt Department of Transportation Drug Screens in Texas
7. At the end of January 2017, Any Lab Test Now of Frisco and Plano, Texas announced that all of its employees are now trained in Department of Transportation (DOT) collection. This means that they can test for drug and alcohol levels and provide the results quickly. Both locations are able to perform all drug and alcohol tests, whether DOT or non-DOT, according to the strict standard set by the Department of Transportation.
8. Greg Johnson, franchise owner of the Frisco and Plano locations, said, “I take the education and training of my employees very seriously. When it comes to drug and alcohol testing, you may not get a second chance to fix a mistake.”
9. Any Lab Test Now was founded in Georgia in 1992 by Dr. David Perlow. The company was the first direct access lab testing provider in the United States. Any Lab Test Now’s services provide consumers and businesses with direct access to clinical lab tests, paternity and other DNA family relationship tests, as well as drug and alcohol and other toxicology testing services.
10. The company partners with major high-quality laboratories across the United States to provide affordable and comprehensive lab services. In 2007, Any Test Franchising, Inc. acquired the rights to franchise the Any Lab Test Now concept. Today, there are over 166 Any Lab Test Now locations across the country.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
11. Any Lab Test Now ranked at No. 352 on Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list in 2018. This is down from its rank of No. 264 in 2017, but up from its rank of No. 445 in 2016.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Any Lab Test Now franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on Any Lab Test Now’s initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section IV – Financial Performance Representations (Item 19, 2017 FDD) and Analysis
- The following data shows the average unaudited gross sales of Any Lab Test Now locations that meet the following criteria:
- (i) are standalone units,
- (ii) were operating on December 31, 2016, and
- (iii) have been open for at least one full calendar year as of December 31, 2016.
- This is a historic financial performance representation about the company’s existing outlets.