In this FDD Talk post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Always Best Care franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for an Always Best Care franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for an Always Best Care franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of Always Best Care’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- 2016, 2015, and 2014 annual system-wide revenue for all Always Best Care franchised businesses that operated at any point during the calendar year listed, regardless of whether any were newly opened in that year or closed for business or otherwise left the brand in that year
- 2016 monthly average number of clients for Always Best Care franchised businesses that were continuously open and operating for the entire 2016 calendar year and whose annual revenue was at least $500,000 in 2016
- 2016 annual revenue growth realized by Always Best Care franchised businesses during calendar year 2016 (i.e. annual revenues realized during 2016, compared with annual revenues realized during 2015)
Section I – Background Information
12 Things You Need to Know About the Always Best Care Senior Services Franchise
First Franchise Owners to Reach 10th Year of Franchise Agreement
1. Toward the end of August, Always Best Care of San Diego celebrated its 10th year of franchising, making it the first franchise in the system to hit this milestone. The location’s owners, Bill and Dian Mathis, celebrated the event by renewing their initial franchise agreement for another 10 years.
2. Jake Brown, CEO of Always Best Care Senior Services, said, “The renewal of the Mathises’ franchise agreement couldn’t come at a more perfect time, as we celebrate our 10-year anniversary of franchising this year. Over the last decade, Always Best Care has grown to become one of the nation’s leading providers of non-medical in-home care, assisted living referral services and home health care. We’re so proud of how far we’ve come, and attribute much of the company’s success to our dedicated franchisees. We are truly grateful that Bill and Diane are continuing this journey with us.”
3. According to Always Best Care, the Mathises have experienced tremendous growth over the last decade and recently expanded their services to include home health. These services are only offered by a few select Always Best Care locations and include blood draws, diabetic care, medication management, physical therapies, post-surgical care, and more.
4. Bill Mathis said, “Our time with Always Best Care has been rewarding to us in so many ways. The company’s proven business model has given us the opportunity to build relationships within our community, and to care for those individuals, as well as their loved ones. We’ve been honored to be a part of something so special for the past 10 years, and look forward to what the next 10 years will bring us.”
New Locations in New Territories
5. Always Best Care is set to continue its expansion across the United States by opening new locations in new and existing territories. In 2017, the company opened its very first locations in New Mexico; Atlanta, Georgia; and San Antonio, Texas. At the beginning of that year, franchisee Darlene Wood opened the first Always Best Care in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the first in the state. Wood’s location provides senior care services in the Albuquerque metro area as well as the surrounding communities, including Rio Rancho.
6. In late May, Always Best Care opened its first location in the Atlanta area. The location is owned and operated by Doug Smith, who said, “As my parents age, investing in Always Best Care gives me the assurance that I will be prepared whenever my family is faced with that inevitable need for quality care. With this thought top of mind, I realized that a growing number of local families are in search of finding reliable and affordable home care for their loved ones. I am excited to bring a nationally recognized brand like Always Best Care to Atlanta and hope to help shape the future of senior care in the area.”
7. At the beginning of June, Always Best Care expanded into San Antonio with the opening of a new location owned and operated by Wendy and Patrick O’Kane. The new location will provide services in San Antonio and the surrounding communities, including Stone Oak, Alamo Heights, Shavano Park, Westover Hills, Windcrest, and Live Oak.
Several Locations Hosted Free Pet Adoption Event for Seniors
8. In October, which is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, several Always Best Care locations hosted a free pet adoption event for seniors. The locations that participated in the event include Always Best Care San Antonio; Atlanta/Buckhead; Edinburg, Texas; Richmond, Virginia; and The Woodlands in Texas. Each of the locations partnered with local animal shelters and even offered to cover the adoption fees for seniors 65 and older who qualified to adopt a pet during the event.
9. Kelly Britton, Always Best Care of The Woodlands franchisee, said, “With millions of Americans over the age of 65 struggling with depression, studies have shown that pet ownership helps lower stress levels and blood pressure, while also alleviating symptoms of depression. With so many shelter dogs and cats in need of loving homes, as well as local senior citizens in need of companionship, we are proud to partner with the Montgomery County Animal Shelter and share in this special moment with seniors and their loved ones.”
10. Always Best Care Senior Services was founded in 1996 by Michael Newman in California. Prior to starting Always Best Care, Newman had been the owner/operator of several residential care and assisted living communities. He also developed an assisted living case management company in California.
11. When Newman first started Always Best Care, the business offered assisted living placement services and two years later began offering its own non-medical in-home care services. The company started franchising in 2007 and today, there are more than 200 locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
12. Always Best Care has appeared on Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list six times over the past ten years (it did not rank in 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2014). The company’s highest rank was No. 142 in 2013, while its lowest rank was No. 479 in 2017.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Always Best Care franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on Always Best Care’s initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section IV – Financial Performance Representations (Item 19, 2017 FDD) and Analysis
- This Item 19 sets forth certain historical data regarding Always Best Care Franchised Business locations.
Part 1 – System-wide Growth
- In the table below, the franchisor has included annual revenue information for all Franchised Businesses that operated at any point during the calendar year listed, regardless of whether any were newly opened in that year or closed for business or otherwise left the brand in that year.
- The figures included in the table below do not include any information for company-owned businesses.