In this FDD Talk 2017 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Amazing Lash Studio franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for an Amazing Lash Studio franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for an Amazing Lash Studio franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of Amazing Lash Studio’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- 2016 average gross revenues for the 38 Amazing Lash Studio locations that had been open and operating for at least 12 months as of December 31, 2016
- 2016 average gross revenues for the 19 Amazing Lash Studio locations that had been open and operating for at least 24 months as of December 31, 2016
Section I – Background Information
11 Things You Need to Know About the Amazing Lash Studio Franchise
Opens 150th Location
1. At the end of August, Amazing Lash Studio announced the opening of its 150th location in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. The new studio is owned by Nancy and James Kelly who said they are excited to open the milestone location for the brand and that their studio is also special for being the first Amazing Lash Studio in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.
2. That same day, Amazing Lash opened its 151st and 152nd locations in Woodbury, Minnesota and Pearland, Texas, respectively. Around this same time, the company also awarded its 300th franchise license.
3. According to Amazing Lash Studio CEO and co-founder Edward Le, “We are hitting milestones at such a rapid pace, that it is a true testament to both the demand for the lash services we provide and the strength of the brand.”
Launches National Model Search Campaign
4. In late July, Amazing Lash Studio launched its “Be the Face of Amazing Lash Studio” model search, which aimed to discover three new lash models to represent the brand nationwide. Contestants were asked to submit a photo and entry form on Amazing Lash’s website from the end of July through the end of August.
5. The winning entrants will represent the brand in its remaining 2017 ad campaigns and in 2018 branded campaigns. In addition to appearing in ad campaigns, the winners will receive $5,000 and a free year of lashes.
6. At the end of September, Amazing Lash announced its three winners: Ashley Bria Sealie from Pomona, California; Stacy Wright from Houston, Texas; and Summer Sadiyeh from Dallas, Texas. The three women were chosen from thousands of applicants. Dawn Weiss, Chief Marketing Officer of Amazing Lash Studio, said that the winners embodied “the effortless beauty, versatility, and confidence [the] brand strives to provide guests.”
Announces Growth Plan for Los Angeles, California Area
7. In July, Amazing Lash Studio announced its plans for a large expansion into the greater Los Angeles, California region. The expansion is being spearheaded by Regional Developers Erica and John Balkhi, who already own studios in Tustin and Irvine, California.
8. The first L.A. area studio will open in Woodland Hills, followed by studio openings in Santa Clarita, Valencia, Downey, Thousand Oaks, and Oxnard. The Balkhis will open at least 35 studios within the next two to four years.
9. Amazing Lash Studio was founded in 2010 by Edward and Jessica Le in Houston, Texas. The husband and wife duo wanted to provide high quality yet affordable eyelash extensions and were the first to market eyelash extension services on a wide scale. After opening the first location, the demand for their eyelash extension services grew rapidly and the Les opened a few more locations.
10. They started franchising the Amazing Lash Studio concept in 2013 and in just a few years have opened over 150 studios around the U.S. with over 300 franchises sold. The company is currently seeking franchisees around the world.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
11. Amazing Lash Studio, which has only been franchising for a few years, made its debut on Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list in 2016 at No. 64. The brand ranked again in 2017 at No. 272.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Amazing Lash Studio franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on Amazing Lash Studio’s initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.
Section IV – Financial Performance Representations (Item 19, 2017 FDD) and Analysis
- The following tables present historic gross revenue information for the franchised Amazing Lash Studio businesses that were open and operating throughout the entire 12-month period from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
- Each of the Amazing Lash Studio businesses included in Item 19 is a franchised location, but 6 of those locations (including 5 of the 6 locations included in the third table below) were owned and operated by the franchisor’s affiliate, Amazing Group Corporation, until September 2015.
- The information listed below is limited to gross revenues generated during the 12-month period from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016.
- As of December 31, 2016, Amazing Lash had a total of 115 franchised Amazing Lash Studio locations in operation.
- Of those 115 locations, 38 locations had been open and operating for at least 12 months, and 19 locations had been open and operating for at least 24 months, as of December 31, 2016. Studios open for less than 12 months as of December 31, 2016 have been excluded from Item 19 due to their limited operating history.
- The financial information below is from the unaudited books and records of Amazing Lash Studio’s franchisees and the franchisor’s affiliate, Amazing Group Corporation. This information has not been independently audited.