In this FDD Talk 2017 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Restoration 1 franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for a Restoration 1 franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for a Restoration 1 franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of Restoration 1’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- 2016 average, high, and low collected gross revenue for Restoration 1 franchised businesses that had been in operation for 36+ months, 24-36 months, and 12-24 months, respectively
Section I – Background Information
11 Things You Need to Know About the Restoration 1 Franchise
Significant Growth Under New CEO
1. Restoration 1 experienced massive growth in 2016 under the leadership of Gary Findley, who was appointed CEO at the beginning of the year. Findley is known for growing the Curves International chain to 8,000 locations during his tenure as the company’s President and COO.
2. When Findley took charge of Restoration 1, there were only 30 locations; the company closed out the year with nearly 100 locations open or in development. The company also moved its headquarters to Findley’s home city of Waco, Texas.
3. According to the company, 75 new franchise agreements were signed last year and there are plans to sign 100 new agreements this year. The company’s other goal for 2017 is to grow its international business. Additionally, Findley hopes to open a training facility sometime this year.
4. Findley has said that he expects Restoration 1 to have a presence in all 50 states by the end of 2017. Restoration 1 is also aiming to sell 100 new territories annually. The company’s long term goal is to have over 500 locations opened around the world within the next four years.
Starting Off the Year with Largest Training Class in Its History
5. Restoration 1 kicked off the year by holding the largest training class in its history with 16 new franchise owners. The class was held in January and the new franchise owners were training to open locations in Tennessee, New York, Colorado, Ohio, Kansas, Florida, Texas, and California.
BizComPR Adds Restoration 1 to Roster
6. In early February 2017, BizComPR announced that it will be handling Restoration 1’s public relations and marketing needs. BizCom says that the firm added Restoration 1 to its roster of clients because the damage restoration franchise is on its way toward becoming a “national and international giant.” BizCom says that it is ready to help Restoration 1 grow its network.
7. Restoration 1 joins companies like Edible Arrangements and Red Mango as one of BizCom’s clients.
8. At the start of 2017, Restoration 1 added content cleaning and reconstruction to its list of services. The company also developed a national catastrophe team. In addition to adding new services, a new operating software was given to franchisees to help them become more profitable.
9. Restoration 1 was founded in 2008 in Texas. The company began franchising a year later. Although the company’s initial growth was slow, expansion has picked up over the past year after Gary Findley was appointed CEO in early 2016. Since then, Restoration 1 has more than doubled its size.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
10. Although Restoration 1 has only been franchising for eight years, the company has ranked on Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list five times. Restoration 1’s highest rank was No. 96 on this year’s list, while its lowest rank was No. 432 in 2013, which was the first year the franchise made the Franchise 500.
11. The company also earned the No. 72 spot on Entrepreneur’s 2017 Fastest Growing Franchises list.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Restoration 1 franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD (updated).
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on Restoration 1’s initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.