The Maids Franchise Costs: Estimated Initial Investment (Item 7, 2022 FDD)
- Payments are non-refundable unless otherwise noted.
- The Maids may offer financing to new and existing franchisees of up to 80% of the Initial Territory Fee for the purchase of Territories. Financing is not offered by the franchisor for any other purpose either in connection with the establishment or the operation of a The Maids franchise.
- Certain vendors, suppliers, or other third parties may offer financing on other expenses disclosed in this Item and those terms would be set by those third parties.
1. Initial Territory Fee: $9,600 to $84,000
- The price for each household located in the Designated Market Area you purchase will be $0.50 per household.
- The low estimate assumes that there are approximately 24,000 households and the Franchisee received the veteran discount of 20% off the Initial Territory Fee and not utilizing the Alternative Territory Fee.
- The range of size of a Designated Market Area encompasses approximately 24,000 to 168,000 households. Your Designated Market Area will consist of one or more Franchise Territories. Your Designated Market Area will be defined by hard boundaries, such as streets, highways, rivers, or other identifiable physical boundaries.
2. SMART Start Package: $16,900
3. Office Security Deposit: $0 to $2,150
4. Office Fixtures, Decorating, and Furniture: $500 to $2,000
5. Auto Down Payments or Lease Payments and Paint or Wrap Installation: $1,800 to $4,500
6. Telephone and Internet: $900 to $1,800
7. Insurance Deposit: $2,200 to $3,200
- See Item 8 of the Disclosure Document and Article 12 of the Franchise Agreement for more complete information regarding the insurance coverage necessary for your The Maids Business.
8. Washer and Dryer: $0 to $1,500
9. Start-Up Professional Services: $500 to $1,500
10. Wages, Travel, and Living Expenses During SMART Start Training: $900 to $4,850
- You are responsible for all wages, fringe benefits, payroll taxes, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation insurance, travel costs, lodging, food, automobile rental, and other expenses incurred for all persons attending The Maids’ SMART Start Training Program.
- You must attend and successfully complete The Maids’ SMART Start Training Program which is described in Item 11 of the Disclosure Document.
- This Wage, Travel, and Living Expenses During SMART Start Training estimate does not include any franchisee compensation or payroll costs.
11. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $23,900 to $33,500
- This additional funds estimate does not include the Continuing License Fees, Advertising Fund Fees, or the Technology Innovation Fund Fee you must pay to The Maids. This additional funds estimate does not include any franchisee compensation.
- These figures are estimates only, and it is possible that you may have additional or greater expenses during this initial 3-month period. Your costs will vary depending on the size of your The Maids Business, economic and market conditions, competition, wage rates, sales levels attained, and other factors.
12. Total: $57,500 to $155,900
- Your estimated initial investment and other estimates in the Disclosure Document do not take into account any debt service, ongoing working capital financing, accounts receivable financing, or other related costs.
- Also, no provision has been made for capital or other reserve funds necessary for you to reach “breakeven,” “positive cash flow,” or any other financial position, and The Maids does not furnish, nor does it authorize salespersons or anyone else to furnish, estimates or otherwise as to those amounts.
- The figures presented do not estimate ongoing operating costs, and the actual minimum initial cost necessary to commence operations may vary considerably from the estimates provided. The numbers are estimates only and there is no assurance that additional funds might not be needed by you before or after opening your The Maids Business.
- These estimates are based on The Maids’ years of experience in franchising and operating The Maids Business, and are derived primarily from information which franchisees provide to it.
- These estimates make no provisions for personal living expenses needed by you and your family.
- Since costs to begin operating a The Maids Business can vary with each franchise (particularly if you are purchasing an existing The Maids Business), The Maids strongly recommends that you (1) obtain, before purchasing a The Maids franchise or making other commitments, independent estimates from third-party vendors and your accountant of the costs which would apply to the establishment and operation of a The Maids Business, (2) discuss with current and past The Maids franchisees their economic experiences (including initial investment and appropriate reserve funds) in opening and operating a The Maids Business, and (3) evaluate carefully the adequacy of your total financial reserves with an accountant or other professional financial advisor.