In this FDD Talk 2017 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on The Maids franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for The Maids franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for The Maids franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of The Maids’ financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- 2016 revenue per clean, revenue per customer, percentage of cleans by type of service, and in-home labor percentages for regular maid service and special projects (one-time cleaning) for the 120 franchisees representing 1,077 territories that were in operation for the 12-month period from October 1, 2015 until September 30, 2016
- 2016 high, low, average, and median revenue for the 105 franchisees representing 1,011 territories that were in operation for greater than 48 months, and all 120 franchisees representing 1,077 territories that were in operation for the 12-month period from October 1, 2015 until September 30, 2016
- 2016 total revenue, operating expenses, gross margin, general and administrative expenses, and net income for all 3 company stores representing 34 territories that were in operation for the 24-month period from October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2016
Section I – Background Information
15 Things You Need to Know About The Maids Franchise
NASCAR Vehicle Sponsorship
1. The Maids sponsored Reed Sorenson who drove the No. 15 Premium Motorsports, Chevrolet for the Fold of Honor QuikTrip 500. The second race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series took place in early March.
Using Cleaning Services to Help Cancer Patients
2. The Maids has teamed up with Cleaning for a Reason since 2010. Cleaning for a Reason is a nonprofit organization that partners with various home cleaning companies in the United States and Canada to offer free services to women undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
3. According to The Maids president and CEO Colin Bishop, it was important for the company to use its services to help people. In 2016, The Maids offered over 470 free home cleanings through Cleaning for a Reason. In total, the Maids has donated more than 3,150 cleanings, valued at more than $573,500.
Wide Array of Services
4. One of the reasons why The Maids consistently ranks as a top cleaning company is that it offers a wide array of services, including Recurring Cleaning Services, Occasional Cleaning, Spring or Fall Cleaning, Same-Day Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning/Maintenance, Window Cleaning, and Move-In/Move-Out Cleaning.
5. The company also offers extra services like cleaning inside cabinets, floor cleaning, oven cleaning, etc. Although services vary by franchise, almost any special request can be made by a customer. The Maids will customize its services to meet a customer’s specific needs.
6. If a customer needs recurring services, they can choose to have The Maids come to their home weekly, every other week, or monthly.
22-Step Healthy Touch Deep Cleaning System
7. The Maids has developed what it calls the 22-Step Healthy Touch Deep Cleaning System, which the company says ensures a healthy house cleaning process and provides customers with the healthiest home possible.
8. The 22-step system starts with a four-person crew moving through the kitchen and cleaning the sink, appliances, inside the microwave, the range top, and counters; hand washing the floor; loading the dishwasher; and wiping down the cabinets.
9. Employees then move on to bathrooms where they clean sinks and counters; change towels; clean/disinfect toilets, tubs, and showers; and hand wash/disinfect floors.
10. Then they clean all other rooms, where employees pick up/straighten stuff; remove cobwebs; dust/vacuum furniture; vacuum floors/carpets; vacuum under beds; dust sills, ledges, and wall hanging; empty trash; and change linens/make beds.
11. Finally, employees clean entry windows, one set of patio door windows, and the window over the kitchen sink.
12. The Maids has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Unsatisfied customers have 24 hours to call The Maids franchise they used and employees will come to re-clean.
13. The Maids was founded in 1979 by Daniel J. Bishop. Today, there are over 1,100 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
14. The Maids has ranked in the top 50 of Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list every year in the last decade. The company’s highest rank was No. 36 in 2017 and its lowest rank was No. 48 in 2009.
15. The Maids is Entrepreneur magazine’s No. 2 Residential Cleaning franchise this year, after Merry Maids, which ranked No. 33 in the Franchise 500.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of The Maids franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD (updated). Coming in April.
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on The Maids’ initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.