In this FDD Talk 2017 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Mac Tools franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for a Mac Tools franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section III – Initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees for a Mac Tools franchise, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD
- Section IV – Presentation and analysis of Mac Tools’ financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2017 FDD, including information on the:
- number and percentage of Mac Tools franchisees that purchased products from Mac Tools during fiscal year 2016 in the amounts noted in the table (from $0 to $49,999.99 on the low end to greater than $600,000 on the high end; and in increments of $25,000 in between)
Section I – Background Information
12 Things You Need to Know About the Mac Tools Franchise
New Products for 2017
1. At the 2017 Mac Tools Tool Fair in February, the company showcased several new tools. Some of the new tools announced include the Heavy-Duty Geared Air Saw, 20V MAX 1/4” Brushless Impact Driver, 20V MAX ⅜” Brushless Impact Wrench, the . 401 inch Long Barrel Shank Air Hammer, and the .401 inch Short Barrel Shank Air Hammer.
2. The Heavy-Duty Geared Air Saw is used for muffler and exhaust applications, general auto body repair, cutting rusted bolts, sunroof installation, and more. It retails for $339.99 MSRP and comes with one 6-inch 18 TPI recip blade and one 24 TPI air saw blade. The tool also comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
3. Both the Brushless Impact Driver and Brushless Impact Wrench are used for automotive applications. The Brushless Impact Driver retails bare at $199.99 or with a kit at $339.99. The Brushless Impact Wrench retails bare at $259.99 or with a kit at $399.99. Both tools come with a 3-year limited warranty.
4. The Long Barrel and Short Barrel Shank Air Hammers are used for separating ball joints and tie-rod ends, breaking loose frozen bolts, removing bushings in control arms, cutting applications, and more. The Short Barrel Shank Air Hammer retails bare at $249.99 MSRP or with a kit at $319.99. The Long Barrel Shank Air Hammer retails bare at $364.99 or with a kit at $429.99. Both tools come with a 2-year limited warranty.
Celebrating Five Years of Growth
5. At the 2016 Mac Tools Tool Fair, the company celebrated the consistent growth it has experienced since 2011.
6. According to the company, the high energy at the annual Tool Fair sets the tone for the rest of the year. The fair is a place where franchisees have the opportunity to interact with their peers and get advice/help for growing their businesses. Various support teams meet with franchisees who need motivation to re-energize their business.
7. The Tool Fair is also an opportunity for vendors and Mac Tools to showcase new products.
Mac Tools Motorsports
8. For over 30 years, Mac Tools has provided tools and services to various motorsports teams including: Hendricks Motorsports, Roush Fenway Racing, John Force Racing, Kalitta Motorsports, Joe Gibbs Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, and Richard Petty Racing.
9. Mac Tools’ products can also be found in various pits and garages of NASCAR and the NHRA Championship Drag Racing (National Hot Rod Association).
10. Mac Tools started life as the Mechanics Tools and Forge Company in 1938. The company changed its name to Mac Tools in 1961.
11. Today there are over 900 Mac Tools franchised businesses around the world.
Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500
12. Mac Tools ranked a few times on Entrepreneur’s annual Franchise 500 list in the past decade. This year, the company ranked at No. 104. Mac Tools’ highest rank was at No. 72 in 2016 and its lowest rank was at No. 238 in 2013.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Mac Tools franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2017 FDD (updated).
Section III – Initial Franchise Fee, Royalty Fee, Marketing Fee, and Other Fees
- Please click here for detailed information on Mac Tools’ initial franchise fee, royalty fee, marketing fee, and other fees, based on Items 5 and 6 of the company’s 2017 FDD.