Updated April 9, 2019.
Detailed Estimates of Camp Bow Wow Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Camp Bow Wow’s 2018 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $32,500 to $50,000
- The Initial Franchise Fee for your first Authorized Territory is $50,000. The Initial Franchise Fee is due when you sign the Franchise Agreement and is nonrefundable once paid.
- If you purchase additional territories, Camp Bow Wow will discount your future franchise fees as provided in Item 5.
2. Dog Trainer Certificate Fee: $1,000 to $5,000
- The training fee for the Dog Trainer Certificate Program is not included in your Initial Franchise Fee.
- The onsite, 2-Day program for trainers who are then-certified by an approved organization costs $1,000 per trainer. The onsite, 8-Day program for those who do not meet the eligibility requirements for the 2-Day Program costs $5,000 for the first trainer and $1,500 for any replacement or additional trainer.
- All fees are due when the trainer is registered for the Dog Trainer Certificate Program.
3. Travel Costs for All Initial Training: $0 to $5,000 per person
- These are estimated costs for travel and room and board for the Initial Camp Services Training, Scout Training, and the Dog Trainer Certificate Program.
- Portions of each training program may be provided remotely, such as via Webinar, however you must also pay all travel and living expenses, such as airfare, lodging, ground transportation, salaries and benefits, and any other personal expenses attendees might incur while attending each training program.
- Costs will vary depending on style of travel.
4. Leasehold Improvements: $415,000 to $870,000
- Leasehold Improvements include the estimated cost of construction modifications based on the costs incurred by Camp Bow Wow franchisees opening new leased locations in 2017. The estimates do not include costs of the Camps where the franchisee built their own building or purchased real estate and then renovated the building.
- Leased Camp locations that opened in 2017 ranged in size between 6,080 and 10,506 square feet, with an average size of 8,446 square feet. The cost range listed indicates estimates based on the net amount paid for leasehold improvements after landlord contributions or allowances are subtracted.
5. Equipment, Supplies, and Opening Inventory: $60,000 to $75,000
- This estimate includes the cost to purchase the equipment and supplies necessary to begin operating a Camp Bow Wow Franchise with a Camp Site range of 6,080 to 10,506 square feet, including computer hardware and software, furniture, fixtures, limited retail inventory to resell to clients, storage containers, poop scoopers, cleaning supplies, treats, collars, leashes, dog food, uniforms, dog cots, play yard equipment, wall art, boarding supplies (beds, bowls, and leashes), magnets for vehicles used to provide approved services, first aid kits for pets and humans, direct stop sprays, office supplies, automatic floor scrubber, grooming tubs, window treatments, sound baffles, promotional items, forms, and other supplies Camp Bow Wow determines are necessary or important.
6. Dog Cabins and Interior Fencing: $85,000 to $145,000
- This estimate includes the cost to purchase Camp Bow Wow’s proprietary dog cabins and matching interior fencing for Camp Sites ranging between 6,080 and 10,506 square feet.
- The number of dog cabins installed at Camps that opened in 2017 ranged between 50 and 104, in addition to 0-5 luxury sites and 6-16 teacup condos.
7. Signage: $2,500 to $30,000
- This estimate includes the cost of indoor and outdoor illuminated signage for a Camp Site.
8. Webcam System: $10,000 to $25,000
- The estimate includes costs to purchase web cameras and secure a license for the software, which also includes technical support.
9. Camp Payroll: $5,000 to $30,000
- This estimate includes the cost of employee payroll (but not a draw or salary for you), from time of lease execution and zoning approval to opening.
10. Rent and Utilities: $18,000 to $40,000
- This estimate includes the cost of your security deposit, utility deposit, pre-opening utilities, and the first 3 months’ rent payments.
11. Plans and Permits: $25,000 to $30,000
- This estimates your expenses to draw plans (construction documents) for your leasehold improvements, and obtain permits, zoning, and a kennel license for the Camp Site.
12. Professional Services: $2,500 to $15,000
- This estimate includes legal and accounting expenses for negotiating your Franchise Agreement, organizing and establishing your business entity, paying any applicable insurance deposits, and negotiating Real Estate Documents or other legal contracts during the period prior to opening.
13. Camp Launch Advertising: $25,000
- You must use Camp Bow Wow’s designated advertising agencies to advertise and market your Camp to consumers in your Authorized Territory before your grand opening event, according to Camp Bow Wow’s instructions and timeline.
- Generally, you will make these payments to third parties, including Camp Bow Wow’s designated advertising agencies. However, if Camp Bow Wow feels that your efforts are insufficient, it may collect the fee and spend it on your behalf in your Authorized Territory to promote the opening of your Camp Site.
14. Financing Fees: $2,000 to $40,000
- These fees include amounts that may be payable for items like closing costs and SBA loans, financial broker fees and contingency accounts, and interim interest.
15. Additional Funds for First 12 Months of Operations: $100,000
- Camp Bow Wow requires you to have a minimum of $100,000 in working capital for your first year of operations. This figure is based on estimates of required expenses which are not otherwise reflected in this Item 7 that you will likely incur before beginning operations and through the first 12 months of operations. You may incur additional expenses.
16. Total: $783,500 to $1,485,000