Detailed Estimates of Camp Bow Wow Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Camp Bow Wow’s 2017 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $30,000 to $50,000
- The Initial Franchise Fee for your first Authorized Territory is $50,000. The Initial Franchise Fee is due when you sign the Franchise Agreement and is nonrefundable once paid.
- Camp Bow Wow will discount its then-current Initial Franchise Fee for any additional Authorized Territories you purchase by 25% any time after the purchase of your initial Authorized Territory.
- There is also a 10% discount off the Initial Franchise Fee if you are eligible for the VetFran program; a 10% discount off the Initial Franchise Fee if you are eligible for the Public Protector Discount; and various time-based discounts that range from 10-20% off of the Initial Franchise Fee if Camp Bow Wow offers a time-based promotion, which it may do at any time in its sole discretion.
- None of these discounts may be combined with each other or any other discounts, rebates, or incentives.
2. Dog Trainer Fee: $5,000
- Included in your Franchise Fee, Camp Bow Wow provides Initial Camp Services Training for you and up to 1 other person, and Scout Training for 1 person (excluding travel and lodging costs, which are your responsibility).
- The Dog Trainer Fee is not included in your Initial Franchise Fee.
- You must pay Camp Bow Wow the then-current Dog Trainer Certificate Fee for each person who attends the Dog Trainer Certificate Program 30 days before the program begins.
- You must designate one person to complete the Dog Trainer Certificate Program and begin offering Dog Training Services by the Operations Deadline.
3. Travel and Room and Board While Attending Initial Camp Services Training, Scout Training, and the Dog Trainer Certificate Program: $0 to $5,000
- Portions of each training program may be provided via Webinar, however you must also pay all travel and living expenses, such as airfare, lodging, ground transportation, salaries and benefits, and any other personal expenses attendees might incur while attending each training program.
4. Leasehold Improvements: $525,455 to $567,679
- Leasehold Improvements include the cost of construction modifications incurred by Camp Bow Wow franchisees opening new leased locations in 2016. The estimates do not include costs of the camps where the franchisee built their own building or purchased real estate and then renovated the building.
- Camp locations ranged in size between 8,100 and 11,671 square feet. The cost range listed indicates the net amount paid for leasehold improvements after landlord contributions or allowances are considered.
5. Equipment, Supplies, and Opening Inventory: $49,437 to $55,575
- This estimate includes the cost to purchase the equipment and supplies necessary to begin operating a Camp Bow Wow Franchise with a Camp Site range of 8,100 to 11,671 square feet, including computer hardware and software, furniture, fixtures, limited retail inventory to resell to clients, storage containers, poop scoopers, cleaning supplies, treats, collars, leashes, dog food, uniforms, dog cots, play yard equipment, wall art, boarding supplies (beds, bowls, and leashes), magnets for vehicles used to provide In-Home Services and Dog Training Services, first aid kits for pets and humans, direct stop sprays, treat and drink dispensers, duffle bags, poop scoopers, pet wipes, in-home webcam system, office supplies, automatic floor scrubber, promotional items, forms, and other supplies Camp Bow Wow determines are necessary or important.
6. Home Buddies Operational Launch Package: $0 to $2,000
- This estimate includes the cost to purchase the equipment and supplies to operate the Home Buddies services for the first three months of operations for up to five Personnel in one Authorized Territory, and includes forms, first aid kits for pets and humans, and business supplies, such as duffle bags, poop scoopers, pet wipes, cleaning supplies, treats, collars, leashes, etc.
7. Dog Cabins and Interior Fencing: $116,662 to $133,543
- This estimate includes the cost to purchase Camp Bow Wow’s proprietary dog cabins and matching interior fencing for Camp Sites ranging between 8,100 and 11,671 square feet.
- The number of dog cabins installed at the locations in 2016 ranged between 72 and 80, in addition to 2-3 luxury sites and 10-12 teacup condos.
8. Signage: $5,355 to $10,725
- This estimate includes the cost of indoor and outdoor illuminated signage for a Camp Site.
9. Webcam System: $19,500 to $21,453
- The estimated initial investment includes costs related to the purchase of web cameras, along with a license for the software, which also includes technical support.
10. Camp Payroll: $2,910 to $16,680
- This estimate includes the cost of employee payroll (but not a draw or salary for you), from time of lease execution and zoning approval to opening.
11. Home Buddies Management Payroll: $0 to $12,500
- This estimate includes the cost of Home Buddies Management Payroll, which may be $0 and deferred if you do not offer upon opening.
12. Rent and Utilities: $37,843 to $77,163
- This estimate includes the cost of your security deposit and the first and last months’ rent payment. Camp Sites are based on a prototype of 6,000 to 8,000 square feet and the average gross rent ranges from $8 to $20 per square foot.
13. Plans and Permits: $12,782 to $21,510
- This estimates your expenses to draw plans (construction documents) for your leasehold improvements, obtain permits, and zoning for the Camp Site.
14. Professional Services Expenses: $0 to $20,947
- This estimate includes legal and accounting expenses for negotiating your Franchise Agreement, Acquisition Documents or other legal contracts, and business entity organization expenses during the business entity formation period.
15. Camp Launch Advertising: $25,000
- This amount includes the minimum you must spend between the effective date of the Franchise Agreement and your grand opening event.
- The estimate includes paid advertising, proprietary marketing, operations forms, public relations, advertising agency fees, and other costs associated with the Camp Launch Advertising.
16. Financing Fees: $4,700 to $56,542
- These fees include amounts that may be payable for items like closing costs and SBA loans, financial broker fees and contingency accounts required by the SBA, and interim interest.
17. Additional Funds for First 3 Months of Camp Operations: $25,000
- Additional Funds include operating expenses for mandatory programs during the initial period of operations (first three months) that are not included elsewhere in the Item 7 chart.
- This includes insurance costs including the cost of bonding to provide In-Home Services, the Local Advertising Expense when you pay this to third parties and not to Camp Bow Wow, and other ongoing operating expenses for mandatory programs described in the FDD.
18. Additional Funds for First 3 Months of Home Buddies Operations: $0 to $12,500
19. Total: $859,644 to $1,118,817