In this FDD Talk 2016 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for a One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2016 FDD
- Section III – Presentation and analysis of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2016 FDD, including information on the:
- average same store sales increase for Franchised Business Territories of all Franchised Businesses that had Net Sales during the entire two-year period indicated (i.e. 2015/2014 and 2014/2013)
- 2015 average net sales for the top 10%, top 11%-25%, top 26%-50%, top 51%-100%, and all Franchised Business Territories of all Franchised Businesses that had Net Sales during the entire two-year period ended December 31, 2015
- July 2014 to July 2015 average BuyMax Rebates for the top 10%, top 11%-25%, top 26%-50%, top 51%-100%, and all Franchised Businesses that had Net Sales during the entire two-year period ended December 31, 2015
Section I – Background Information
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning was started back in 2004 by Clockwork Home Services, which was acquired by the Direct Energy group of companies in 2010 to become the franchise handler for all of DE’s brands, which include Mister Sparky electrical services and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
With the tagline of Always On Time…Or You Don’t Pay A Dime, the Sarasota-based company specializes in heating and cooling repairs, replacements, maintenance, indoor air quality work, ductwork, and thermostats.
The number of locations has been relatively flat in recent years at around 321, with 316 domestic locations (of which 38 are company-owned) and 5 international locations.
Here’s how One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning keeps the air temperature just right in the residential HVAC services industry:
The last thing you want is some scary-looking jerk in your home working on your HVAC systems. One Hour agrees, which is why it offers some interesting guarantees concerning its technicians.
As its website says, “If our technician smokes or swears in your home or on your property, you don’t pay a penny for the service,” and “If our technician doesn’t wear shoe covers inside your home, or leaves your home without cleaning up, you don’t pay a penny for the service.”
Mike Rowe Partnership
Mike Rowe has made a name for himself on cable television by highlighting all kinds of hard work skilled laborers perform to keep life civilized for the rest of us. His first hit series was the popular TV show, Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe, which ran for eight seasons on the Discovery Channel. His new show is called Somebody’s Gotta Do It on CNN.
He’s become a spokesperson for One Hour and appears in its television commercials.
Comfort Club Membership
Customers can also get some peace of mind by paying a small monthly fee to be part of a service plan.
The fees cover (for AC) one precision tune-up, professional cleaning and rejuvenation of your air conditioner, plus one safety check, usually in the early spring or summer, and for heat, one precision tune-up, professional cleaning and rejuvenation of your furnace, plus one safety check, usually in the fall or winter.
When service or repair is needed, members enjoy priority scheduling, reduced diagnostics fee, and a 15% discount on repairs.
UWIN Seal of Approval
A contractor endorsed by UWIN meets a variety of standards, such as making sure every technician has been drug tested, background checked, and properly trained. It also includes an extensive code of ethics related to its technicians and general business practices.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2016 FDD.