Detailed Estimates of Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Goodcents Deli Fresh Subs’ 2016 Franchise Disclosure Document
For Single Restaurant (No Drive-Thru)
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $10,000 to $20,000
2. Architectural Fees: $6,000 to $8,500
3. Building Costs: $46,000 to $128,000
- The franchisor has assumed that you will lease the space for your Restaurant. The construction costs will vary depending upon numerous factors including the cost of materials and labor and the amount of landlord contribution.
- Goodcents’ current prototype Restaurant contains 1,600 square feet to 1,800 square feet. There is a wide range of construction cost depending on location and landlord contributions.
4. Equipment, includes freight, decor, fixtures, furnishings, and smallwares: $62,000 to $88,000
5. Signage: $6,650 to $12,400
- These amounts represent your costs for an exterior sign package.
6. Insurance: $1,000 to $2,500
7. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $500 to $2,800
8. Miscellaneous Restaurant Supplies: $1,500 to $2,500
9. Uniforms: $500 to $1,000
10. Initial Inventory: $500 to $8,500
11. Security Deposits, Licenses: $3,000 to $6,000
- No allowance has been made in the chart for rent or interest expenses required before opening the Restaurant. The need for this outlay will vary with the terms of the lease covering the proposed site and the terms of any financing you obtain regarding the site.
- No amounts have been shown for financing or equipment lease deposits and/or charges since the above chart is based on the cash payment of all of the items shown.
- There may be special sewer hook up, waste water, and/or similar fees and charges associated with the restaurant in some localities.
- Security deposits or prepaid expenses are generally encountered with utilities, real property, and personal property.
- Various permits and licenses are required by governmental regulations as either isolated or recurring expenditures. Typical of these permits and licenses are those from health departments, fire departments, regulatory agencies, labor departments, other similar state sales tax bureaus and/or local government agencies.
12. Additional Funds for the First 3 Months: $10,000 to $20,000
- These amounts are estimates of what is needed to cover your expenses for the start-up phase 3 months from the date the Restaurant opens for business. These expenses include payroll costs.
13. Goodcents Computer System: $2,201
- You are required to subscribe for the Computer System from Goodcents’ affiliate, InfoKING.
14. Promotional Opening Expenses: $2,500 to $4,000
- Goodcents requires a grand opening promotion for the Restaurant within 30 days after the initial opening of the Restaurant.
15. Totals: $156,851 to $306,401
- The total actual construction costs for each Restaurant may vary from the estimated cost shown above, depending upon size, whether the site is a conversion of an existing Restaurant facility, local requirements, local costs, and variances.
- The total estimated costs do not include closing costs or other fees assessed to you for obtaining a loan.
For Free Standing Restaurant With Drive-Thru
- The total estimated initial investment necessary to begin operation of a Goodcents free standing restaurant with drive-thru ranges from $235,347 to $385,447.