In this FDD Talk 2016 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Amazing Lash Studio franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for an Amazing Lash Studio franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2016 FDD
- Section III – Presentation and analysis of Amazing Lash Studio’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2016 FDD, including information on the:
- 2015 average gross revenues for the 19 Amazing Lash Studio locations that had been open and operating for at least 12 months as of December 31, 2015
- 2015 average gross revenues for the 6 Amazing Lash Studio locations that had been open and operating for at least 24 months as of December 31, 2015
Section I – Background Information
Amazing Lash Studio Enjoying Healthy Growth
In its sixth year, Amazing Lash Studio is focusing on bringing in new franchisees and expanding its footprint.
With more than 110 locations in 18 states and development plans in other states, the chain is the largest eyelash extension franchise in the United States. As of May 2016, Amazing Lash Studio has awarded 600 franchise licenses in 27 states.
Growth has been particularly strong in the past two years, in which the state awarded more than 600 regional developer licenses.
The company, which added 35 units in 2015, opened its 50th studio in December 2015 in South Jordan, Utah.
Co-Founder Committed to Helping People Feel Beautiful
The chain was founded in 2010 by Jessica and Edward Le in Houston, Texas.
Jessica Le, who serves as vice president, started out giving eyelash extensions to friends and family in her spare time. She opened the first Amazing Lash Studio in August 2010, driven by a passion to help people feel beautiful as well as her desire to develop a growing, dynamic business. She has a background in international business and healthcare.
Edward Le, CEO and president, has been involved in the development and operation of the company since it began. He has had a diverse career in business with multinational corporations.
The Les opened a second studio in 2011 and started franchising their company in 2012.
Lash Stylists are Licensed Aestheticians
The studios are typically located in anchored, daily-use shopping centers or higher-end retail centers. Locations range from 1,800 to 2,500 square feet.
All lash stylists at Amazing Lash are licensed aestheticians who are trained in Amazing Lash Studio’s patented eye-friendly application process.
The lashes are semi-permanent, applied in private lash application suites. Each eyelash extension is applied, one by one, to the client’s natural lashes, as the client lies on a massage table with eyes closed. The company says clients often fall asleep during the relaxing process, which lasts for about an hour and a half to two hours.
Refills Recommended Every 2-4 Weeks
The extensions remain attached to the natural lashes when they fall out, so the studios recommend that clients get refills every two to four weeks. The refills take about 45 to 60 minutes.
The chain advertises an introductory offer of $79.99 for a client’s first set of eyelashes, and clients can sign up for membership programs. Women in a wide age range seek the services at Amazing Lash, which is known as a studio that provides lash extension as a core service, not a side offering. Visitors to the company’s website can upload their photos and try on lash styles to get an idea of how these might look on their eyes.
The eyelashes are made from lightweight synthetic material that has been designed to follow the curve of natural lashes. Customers can choose from a variety of colors, lengths, thicknesses, curl styles, and materials, even mink.
The four basic lash styles illustrate Amazing Lash Studio’s focus on feeling beautiful: Cute, Natural, Sexy and Gorgeous.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Amazing Lash Studio franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2016 FDD (updated).