Updated September 21, 2021.
Detailed Estimates of Fish Window Cleaning Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Fish Window Cleaning’s 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document
For Standard Package (contains a population of approximately 200,000 persons)
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $49,900
2. Travel and Living Expenses to Attend Training: $1,500 to $2,500
- Training is included in the Initial Franchise Fee.
- You must pay the salaries, fringe benefits, travel costs and expenses to the franchisor’s headquarters in St. Louis for training, and related costs for all persons associated with you who attend the training program.
- There is no separate fee for two persons to attend the initial training program as it is included in the Initial Franchise Fee.
3. Equipment Package: $7,500 to $9,000
- You must purchase an Equipment Package and an Office Package.
- The cost of the Equipment Package ranges from $7,500 to $9,000. The Equipment Package provides all the cleaning equipment needed for four window cleaners.
- The cost of the Office Package ranges from approximately $10,000 to $12,000, which includes $4,500 to $6,000 you pay to the franchisor or its affiliates for invoices, estimate sheets, brochures, and the one-time license fee for the Fish 3 Proprietary System.
- The Office Package includes all the office supplies and equipment needed to open your business, including your computer and printer equipment, office furniture, and the Fish Window Cleaning computer software package.
- If needed, your computer, printer equipment, wired telephones, and office furniture must be purchased on your own from a third-party supplier.
- Also included in the Office Package is your initial supply of maps, motivational posters, employee recognition plaques, and other miscellaneous office supplies.
4. Office Package: $10,000 to $12,000
5. Initial Business Development and Marketing: $12,900
- The Initial Business Development and Marketing expense includes your Business Development Package Fee of $6,000; and your required expenditures during weeks 1-12 after opening for your Monthly Marketing Requirements.
- Your “Monthly Marketing Requirement” is the amount you are required to spend in your Territory on approved business development activities during weeks 1-12 after opening.
- Your local marketing requirement can be spent by you on a variety of corporate marketing programs that will be described and available to you, or other local business development activities initiated by you that the franchisor approves.
6. Vehicle: $1,000 to $2,000
- The high estimated amount is for the first three months of payments on a vehicle that you purchase. The franchisor estimates that it will cost approximately $25,000 to purchase a vehicle per the franchisor’s standards and specifications.
7. Vehicle Modification: $1,400
- You must use a company approved by the franchisor to paint the vehicle and apply the approved signage, including the logo, on your vehicle.
- You are prohibited from placing any third-party advertising on your custom vehicle without the franchisor’s written approval.
8. Attorneys’ Fees: $500 to $2,000
- This amount is an estimate for attorneys’ fees in connection with your purchase of the franchise.
9. Office Space for 3 Months: $1,500 to $3,000
- The franchisor requires you to have an office. The office cannot be a home, residence, or storage unit. Depending on locale, office rent may cost from $600 to $800 per month. This estimated amount is based upon a survey completed by Fish Window Cleaning franchisees.
10. Insurance Premiums: $1,800 to $2,800
- Insurance premium estimates are for comprehensive liability insurance only.
11. Business Licenses and Membership Dues: $100 to $900
- Licenses and permits may cost between $100 and $300 annually depending on your locale and your choice of business entity.
- The franchisor may require that you maintain memberships and pay membership dues to the IWCA (International Window Cleaner’s Association). The dues are approximately $300 annually.
12. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $22,700 to $25,700
- This amount estimates your initial pre-opening and start-up expenses not otherwise mentioned in the table, including taxes, telephone and fax requirements, shipping costs, and potential payroll costs.
13. Total: $110,800 to $124,100
- This total is an estimate of your initial investment and is based upon the franchisor’s estimate of average costs and market conditions prevailing as of the date of the Disclosure Document, the experience of Fish Window Cleaning franchisees, and the experience of the franchisor’s affiliate FWCI in operating a Fish Window Cleaning business in Missouri since 1985.
For Small Package
- The total estimated initial investment necessary to begin operation of a small package (contains a population of approximately 75,000 persons) Fish Window Cleaning franchise ranges from $88,300 to $104,500.
For Executive Package
- The total estimated initial investment necessary to begin operation of an executive package (contains a population of approximately 400,000 persons) Fish Window Cleaning franchise ranges from $136,300 to $152,600.