Updated February 16, 2021.
Detailed Estimates of Fetch! Pet Care Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Fetch! Pet Care’s 2020 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Franchise Fee: $59,500
2. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $600 to $2,000
- Fetch! Pet Care provides instructors, training facilities, and instructional materials, but you will need to arrange for your own transportation, lodging, and food (or, if you are a legal entity such as a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, for a principal of the legal entity) and pay for any costs you incur.
- The cost will depend on the distance you must travel, the type of accommodations you choose, the number of attendees, and any wages you pay to employees of yours attending training.
3. Real Estate: Amount Not Specified
- The Fetch! Pet Care franchise is a home-based business. If you do lease a commercial space, the costs will vary significantly from location to location.
4. Equipment: $100 to $1,000
- The equipment you will need includes office furnishings (desk, chair, lighting, and file cabinets), a business phone, mobile phone, and miscellaneous small tools and appliances for pet and home care.
- Fetch! Pet Care requires a computer, printer, and scanner or fax machine.
- You will also need an automobile for transportation; however, Fetch! Pet Care anticipates that you will use a motor vehicle that you already own. If you choose to purchase an automobile for the franchise, Fetch! Pet Care estimates that the cost will range from $3,000 to $20,000, depending on the make, model, and year of the vehicle and the accessories and options you select.
5. Advertising/Marketing: $1,500 to $12,000
- Within the first year of opening the Franchise, you are required to spend at least $2,000 on Local Territory Marketing. This may include business cards, brochures, Internet listings and advertising, direct mail, door hangers, clothing, car magnets or decals, and event attendance.
6. Supplies: $367 to $1,000
- You will need an opening and continuous inventory of paper, envelopes, manila files, adhesive labels, stamps, key coding tags, pet care provider handbook binders, printer ink, lock boxes, as well as some miscellaneous accessories.
7. Insurance: $600 to $1,000
- The cost of insurance will vary according to your business revenue, the number of pet sitters of the Fetch! Pet Care franchise and the requirements of state law. The estimate given above is for the annual insurance premiums for the insurance Fetch! Pet Care currently requires.
- Auto insurance may be required by your state and is not included in this estimate.
8. Certification Costs: $50 to $500
- Franchisees may be required to obtain certifications in pet first aid, animal behavior, and other animal-related sciences. The cost to franchisees will range from $50 to $500, as provided above.
- Additionally, franchisees may be required to pay $50-$250 for each pet care provider it employs to obtain the same certifications.
9. Other Prepaid Expenses: $450 to $667
- You will have one-time and/or recurring prepaid monthly costs such as legal fees, licenses and permits, cell phone, telephone, Internet connection, and Internet-based software services to operate the Franchise.
10. Working Capital: $4,300 to $6,000
- This estimates your initial start-up expenses. You must be prepared to reorder supplies as necessary and to cover the cost of utility bills, including telephone, electronic fax service, and mobile phone, and payroll from working capital.
- This is only an estimate and there is no guarantee that additional working capital will not be necessary during this start-up phase or after.
11. Total: $67,467 to $83,667