Updated September 24, 2019.
Detailed Estimates of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
- The amounts provided for a single Family Sports Pub assume a Family Sports Pub ranging from 3,500 to 4,500 square feet in size. These ranges are based on the operating expenses of franchised Family Sports Pubs and are not maximum or minimum amounts.
- The franchisor prepared these estimates based upon the experience of its management team and Family Sports Pubs.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $37,500
- The Franchise Fee is $37,500. If you sign a Franchise Agreement, the Franchise Fee is payable as follows: 50% upon the signing of the Franchise Agreement, and 50% upon the sooner of the signing of the lease for your Family Sports Pub or 30 days prior to the ground breaking for your Family Sports Pub.
2. Equipment: $130,000 to $180,000
3. Furniture, Fixtures, and Millwork: $45,000 to $80,000
4. Audio and Video Equipment: $25,000 to $50,000
5. Training and Pre-Opening Expenses: $2,500 to $8,000
6. Architect Fees and Permits: $7,500 to $15,000
7. Lease Deposit: $9,900 to $28,125 per month
- These estimates do not include the cost to purchase real estate since it is assumed you will rent the space for your Family Sports Pub.
- The figures are based on 3 months of rent and assume the premises of the Family Sports Pub will be approximately 3,500 to 4,500 square feet in size and will be situated in a shopping center or urban location. Annual lease costs are estimated at $12 to $25 per square foot.
- Landlords may charge rent based on a percentage of gross sales.
- In addition to base rent, the lease may require you to pay common area maintenance charges as well as your pro rata share of the real estate taxes, insurance, and certain other charges.
- The actual amount you pay under the lease will vary depending on the size of the Family Sports Pub, the types of charges allocated to tenants under the lease, your ability to negotiate with landlords, and the prevailing rental rates in the geographic region.
8. Leasehold Improvements: $462,000 to $720,000
- These figures are based on the cost of adapting the franchisor’s prototypical architectural and design plans to remodel and finish-out the Family Sports Pub and the cost of leasehold improvements.
- These figures are the franchisor’s best estimate based on remodeling/finish-out rates.
9. Initial Inventory: $25,000 to $30,000
10. Signage: $10,000 to $20,000
11. Insurance: $4,000 to $18,000
12. Licenses and Permits: $1,500 to $7,500
- These amounts represent the estimated costs you may incur to obtain local business licenses, which licenses typically remain in effect for one year.
13. Liquor License: $500 to $20,000
- The expenses you will incur in connection with obtaining a permit or license to sell alcoholic beverages in your Family Sports Pub may be substantially in excess of $20,000.
- Since the availability and expenses of acquiring an alcoholic beverage license or permit varies substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, you should consult the appropriate governmental authority concerning the availability of alcoholic beverage licenses or permits and the associated expenses therefor prior to signing a Franchise Agreement.
- In some jurisdictions, the costs of these licenses may far exceed the amounts estimated.
14. Computer System: $13,000 to $15,600
- The Computer System estimate includes the cost of the Toast POS System and restaurant management computer system (the “Computer System”), including the requisite software, hardware, and licenses. This estimate also includes the Access Point and Switch you are required to purchase from the franchisor prior to opening the Family Sports Pub.
- You may choose to purchase additional computer software, hardware, support, and training services for additional amounts.
15. Computer Support – 3 Months: $1,425
- The Computer Support amount is three months of the monthly maintenance fee (i.e., $400 per month) paid to the franchisor’s chosen POS vendor to update and maintain software, as well as the monthly Router and Network Management Fee ($75) paid to the franchisor.
16. Professional Fees: $3,000 to $5,000
17. Utility Deposits and Impact Fees: $6,000 to $10,000
18. Promotional and Advertising – 3 Months: $3,000 to $7,200
19. Additional Funds – 3 Months: $20,000 to $35,000
- This figure covers miscellaneous expenses you may incur during the first 3 months of your Family Sports Pub’s operation. The franchisor has relied on its management’s experience and on the experience of franchised Family Sports Pubs in formulating this estimate.
20. Total (excluding real property/tenant improvement allowance): $806,825 to $1,288,350
- These totals are based on estimated expenses. The franchisor cannot guarantee that you will not incur additional expenses in commencing operations of your Family Sports Pub.
- The franchisor does not offer direct or indirect financing to you for any of the initial investment.
- This amount may be less to the extent you obtain a build-out allowance from the lessor of the premises of your Family Sports Pub.