Updated April 1, 2018.
Detailed Estimates of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Beef ‘O’ Brady’s 2017 Franchise Disclosure Document
- The amounts provided for a single Family Sports Pub assume a Family Sports Pub ranging from 3,300 to 4,000 square feet in size. These ranges are based on the operating expenses of franchised Family Sports Pubs and are not maximum or minimum amounts.
- The franchisor prepared these estimates based upon the experience of its management team and Family Sports Pubs.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $37,500
- The Franchise Fee is $37,500. If you sign a Franchise Agreement, the Franchise Fee is payable as follows: 50% upon the signing of the Franchise Agreement, and 50% upon the sooner of the signing of the lease for your Family Sports Pub or 30 days prior to the ground breaking for your Family Sports Pub.
2. Equipment: $130,000 to $180,000
3. Furniture, Fixtures, and Millwork: $45,000 to $80,000
4. Audio and Video Equipment: $25,000 to $50,000
5. Training and Pre-Opening Expenses: $2,500 to $8,000
6. Architect Fees and Permits: $7,500 to $15,000
7. Lease Deposit: $2,750 to $11,667 per month
- These estimates do not include the cost to purchase real estate since it is assumed that you will rent the space for your Family Sports Pub.
- The estimated lease deposit assumes a 1-month security deposit and is based on the commercial lease of approximately 3,300 to 4,000 square feet at an annualized rent rate of between approximately $10 and $35 per square foot.
8. Leasehold Improvements: $462,000 to $720,000
- These figures are based on the cost of adapting the franchisor’s prototypical architectural and design plans to remodel and finish-out the Family Sports Pub and the cost of leasehold improvements.
- These figures are the franchisor’s best estimate based on remodeling/finish-out rates.
9. Initial Inventory: $25,000 to $30,000
10. Signage: $10,000 to $20,000
11. Insurance: $4,000 to $18,000
12. Licenses and Permits: $1,500 to $7,500
- These amounts represent the estimated costs you may incur to obtain local business licenses, which licenses typically remain in effect for one year.
13. Liquor License: $500 to $20,000
- The expenses you will incur in connection with obtaining a permit or license to sell alcoholic beverages in your Family Sports Pub may be substantially in excess of $20,000.
- Since the availability and expenses of acquiring an alcoholic beverage license or permit varies substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, you should consult the appropriate governmental authority concerning the availability of alcoholic beverage licenses or permits and the associated expenses therefor prior to signing a Franchise Agreement.
- In some jurisdictions, the costs of these licenses may far exceed the amounts estimated.
14. Computer System: $10,000 to $20,000
- This estimate includes the cost of the POS System and restaurant management computer system (the “Computer System”), including the requisite software, software support, and purchase of service agreements from the franchisor’s approved vendors. You may choose to purchase additional computer software, hardware, support, and training services for additional amounts.
- In some instances, you may be able to lease the Computer System instead of purchasing it.
- You are also required to have online access to the internet. This cost also includes online (like internet) connection and service fees.
15. PCI Compliance: $467 to $975
16. Professional Fees: $3,000 to $5,000
17. Utility Deposits and Impact Fees: $6,000 to $10,000
18. Promotional and Advertising – 5 Months: $5,000 to $12,000
19. Additional Funds – 3 Months: $20,000 to $35,000
- This figure covers miscellaneous expenses you may incur during the first 3 months of your Family Sports Pub’s operation. The franchisor has relied on its management’s experience and on the experience of franchised Family Sports Pubs in formulating this estimate.
20. Total (excluding real property/tenant improvement allowance): $797,717 to $1,280,642
- These totals are based on estimated expenses. The franchisor cannot guarantee that you will not incur additional expenses in commencing operations of your Family Sports Pub.
- The franchisor does not offer direct or indirect financing to you for any of the initial investment.
- This amount may be less to the extent you obtain a build-out allowance from the lessor of the premises of your Family Sports Pub.