In this FDD Talk 2015 post, you’ll learn the following:
- Section I – Background information on the Always Best Care franchise opportunity, including relevant news updates
- Section II – Estimated initial investment for an Always Best Care franchise, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2015 FDD
- Section III – Presentation and analysis of Always Best Care’s financial performance representations, based on Item 19 of the company’s 2015 FDD, including information on the:
- 2014, 2013, and 2012 annual systemwide revenue for all Always Best Care franchised businesses that operated at any point during the calendar year listed, regardless of whether any were newly opened in that year or closed for business or otherwise left the brand in that year
- 2014 monthly average number of clients for Always Best Care franchised businesses that were continuously open and operating for the entire 2014 calendar year and whose annual revenue was at least $500,000 in 2014
- 2014 annual revenue growth realized by Always Best Care franchised businesses during calendar year 2014 (i.e. annual revenues realized during 2014, compared with annual revenues realized during 2013)
Section I – Background Information
Back in the mid-1990s Michael Newman was frustrated. Living in the area around Sacramento, California, he noticed a distinct lack of quality senior care options in his community.
When seniors get to the phase of their lives where they need to make major changes, they often wind up overwhelmed, confused, and even scared. Making the right choice when it comes to an assisted living facility is one not to be taken lightly.
He set out reshape the senior living facilities he owned and operated into a company that would provide trusted care, compassionate support, and professional advice. That’s why he founded Always Best Care (ABC) in 1996.
He has built the company up into a leading national provider of non-medical in-home care, assisted living placement services, and skilled home health care in select markets. He began franchising the concept in 2007 and now has more than 200 franchised units across the U.S. and Canada, and is now setting his sites on European markets as well, beginning with Germany and the United Kingdom.
ABC caregivers have already worked with more than 25,000 seniors.
Here’s how Always Best Care Senior Services helps individuals (and their families) make the most of their senior years:
Michael Newman believes strongly that what makes a successful home care company is successful relationships, at every level, in all directions. These relationships must be founded on such principles as caring, trust, respect, and communication. The company is all about sincere concern, whether it’s for clients, employees, or franchisees.
Grabbing the Franchise Media Spotlight
Entrepreneur has named ABC one of the fastest growing senior care systems every year for four years.
The National Minority Franchising Initiative (NMFI) named ABC to its annual list of the “50 Top Franchises for Minorities” published in USA Today.
Military Times EDGE named ABC one of the top franchises for veterans, Black Enterprise magazine named it one of the best franchises for African Americans, and Franchise Business Review hailed it as one of the top low-cost franchises.
Going the Extra Mile
At ABC, it’s about more than providing compassionate care to seniors. The company helps guide families through their decision-making process, as well as pointing them towards the solutions that will work best for them, whether that’s ABC or other local resources.
A Solid Market
There are currently more than 40 million seniors in the United States alone, representing about 13.1% of the overall population. But here’s the thing – the number of seniors will more than double by the year 2050, when nearly one out of five people will be 65 or older. It’s the fastest growing segment of the population, and the only group that will continue to increase through 2050.
Section II – Estimated Costs
- Please click here for detailed estimates of Always Best Care franchise costs, based on Item 7 of the company’s 2015 FDD.