Updated March 29, 2021.
Detailed Estimates of Wing Zone Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Wing Zone’s 2020 Franchise Disclosure Document
- These estimated initial expenses are Wing Zone’s best estimate of the costs you may incur in establishing and operating your Wing Zone Business based on a 1,200 square foot restaurant.
- Wing Zone does not offer direct or indirect financing for these items.
- Wing Zone’s estimates are based on its experience, the experience of its affiliates, and its current requirements for Wing Zone franchises.
- All expenditures paid to Wing Zone or its affiliates are uniform and non-refundable under any circumstances once paid. All expenses payable to third parties are non-refundable, except as you may arrange for utility deposits and other payments.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $25,000
- If you purchase the rights to operate multiple Wing Zone Businesses under an Area Development Agreement, the only additional initial cost that you will incur over the purchase of a single franchise will be the Development Fee until you open the additional Wing Zone Business. Once you open additional Wing Zone Businesses, you will incur the costs listed here at the time you open the additional Wing Zone Businesses.
- These costs may increase in the future depending on when you open the additional Wing Zone Businesses. The estimate does not include the build out of any Wing Zone Restaurant other than the first.
2. Development Services Fee: $6,000
3. Leasehold Improvements: $50,000 to $125,000
- This estimate includes setup expenses you will incur in building out your Restaurant, including all costs required to set up the equipment. Building and construction costs will vary depending upon the condition and size of the premises for your Wing Zone Restaurant and local construction costs.
- This estimate assumes a 1,200 square foot location with the landlord providing a standard “vanilla box” premises to begin.
- The low end of the range is based on a Wing Zone Business located in a market with lower construction costs and/or a higher landlord contribution for expenses known as tenant improvement (“TI”). The high end of the range is based on a Wing Zone Business with higher construction costs and no or lower landlord contributions for TI.
4. Equipment and Furniture: $50,000 to $110,000
- This estimate involves the furniture, fixtures, and equipment you will need to open a Wing Zone Restaurant, such as chairs, tables, casework, refrigerators, freezers, grills, ranges, deep fryers, exhaust hoods, and other items.
- Some of these expenses will depend on Restaurant size, shipping distances, supplier chosen, and your credit history.
5. Sign: $6,000 to $8,000
- This estimate is for the purchase of a single exterior sign. The type and size of the signage you install will be based upon the zoning and property use requirements and restrictions. There could be an occasion where certain signage is not permitted because of zoning or use restrictions.
6. Initial Inventory: $6,000
7. Computer POS System: $17,470 to $18,820
8. Office Equipment and Phone System: $1,500 to $2,500
9. Digital Security System: $1,000 to $2,000
10. Initial Marketing Investment: $15,000
- You must pay Wing Zone $15,000 for an initial marketing campaign. You will not pay this fee if you are purchasing an existing Wing Zone Business that is already open and operating.
11. Insurance (Down Payment): $1,000 to $2,500
- You must obtain and maintain, at your own expense, the insurance coverage Wing Zone requires, and satisfy other insurance-related obligations. If you have had prior issues or claims from previous operations unrelated to the operation of a Wing Zone Business, your rates may be significantly higher than those estimated above.
12. Real Estate Costs: $4,000 to $10,000
13. Architectural Plans: $5,000 to $11,000
14. Utility Deposits: $1,500 to $5,000
- This estimate includes security deposits required by utility companies.
15. Uniforms: $1,000
16. Drop Safe: $1,000
17. Branding Package: $3,000 to $5,000
- This estimate includes wall graphics, window graphics and hours of operation, snap frames, brick wall panels, and branded lobby rugs and other branded items.
18. Audio Visual Equipment: $1,000 to $2,000
19. Miscellaneous Incidentals: $2,500
- This includes a variety of equipment, supplies, and expenses such as staff lockers, office supplies, first aid kits, and replacement of broken items.
20. Initial Training Expenses: $2,500 to $4,000
- Wing Zone provides training at its training center in Atlanta, Georgia or at another location designated by Wing Zone.
- You must pay for airfare, meals, transportation costs, lodging, and incidental expenses for all initial training program attendees.
- Initial training is provided at no charge for up to three people, one of whom must be an operating principal, so long as all individuals attend the same initial training program. If additional initial training is required, or more people must be trained, an additional fee will be assessed.
21. Pre-Opening Training: $10,000
22. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $25,000
- These amounts represent Wing Zone’s estimate of the amount needed to cover your expenses for the initial three-month start-up phase of your Wing Zone Business. They include payroll, administrative, maintenance, utilities, rent, software license fees, working capital, and other items.
- These figures do not include standard pre-opening expenses, Royalties or advertising fees payable under the Franchise Agreement, or debt service, and assume that none of your expenses are offset by any sales generated during the start-up phase.
23. Total Estimated Initial Investment: $235,470 to $397,320
- This is an estimate of your initial start-up expenses for one Wing Zone Business. You should review these figures carefully with a business advisor before making any decision to purchase the franchise.