In this FDD Talk post based on Item 19 of Paciugo Gelato’s 2014 FDD, you will find the answers to the following questions:
- What were the range of gross sales and average gross sales for Paciugo Gelato’s non-traditional, mall in-line, mall kiosk, and traditional (first quartile to fourth quartile) units during the company’s 2013 fiscal year?
- How many Paciugo Gelato outlets were included in each sample and what were the criteria for their inclusion?
- How many units met or exceeded the average for each type of unit?
- As of the end of fiscal year 2013, how many Paciugo Gelato units were open and operating? Of those, how many units were continuously in operation throughout the fiscal year 2013? Of those, how many were non-traditional, mall in-line, mall kiosk, and traditional units, respectively?
- How was the information included below obtained? Does the financial performance representation below include information from company-owned units?
In instances where a franchisee failed to submit a weekly royalty report during fiscal year 2013, how was the missing week’s gross sales totals estimated?
- How does Paciugo Gelato define the term “gross sales”?
- What are some factors that can affect gross sales at individual units?
- Do the ranges and averages of annual gross sales presented below represent gross sales before deductions for Royalty and Marketing Fees payable to the franchisor and all other operating expenses?