Updated September 26, 2019.
Detailed Estimates of Twin Peaks Restaurant Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Twin Peaks’ 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
New Construction Space
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $50,000
- If you develop a single Restaurant, your initial franchise fee is $50,000. If you commit to develop multiple Restaurants under an Area Development Agreement, Twin Peaks credits the allocable portion of your development fee against each applicable initial franchise fee.
2. Leasehold Improvements and Deposits: $2,035,000 to $2,117,500
- Twin Peaks Restaurants are typically located in commercially zoned shopping or entertainment areas.
- The leasehold improvement amounts for new construction include the site improvement costs and the costs to build a building, but they do not include amounts to purchase land.
- The new construction leasehold improvements estimate is based on the cost of adapting Twin Peaks’ prototypical architectural and design plans (including architect fees) to build a facility containing approximately 6,000 to 8,000 conditioned square feet with a typical patio area.
- The estimates do not include lease deposits which, in Twin Peaks’ experience, typically are not charged by landlords of Twin Peaks restaurant premises. In addition, the estimates assume that the landlord will provide connections to adequate electrical, gas, water, and sewage service. Your actual costs may or may not include site preparation and finish-out costs, depending on the arrangements you negotiate with your landlord.
- If your landlord contributes to the cost of finish-out, total leasehold improvement costs could be reduced.
- These costs are Twin Peaks’ best estimate based on commercial leasing and remodeling/finish-out rates that its affiliates have experienced with company-owned Twin Peaks Restaurants.
3. Equipment, Furniture, Fixtures, and Signage: $979,000 to $990,000
- These amounts include the cost of the furniture, fixtures, equipment (including the franchisor’s approved glycol beer system), decor items, signage, a POS System and multiple terminals, computer hardware and software, and audio-visual equipment system required for your Twin Peaks Restaurant.
- If you open a Restaurant that has more square footage than the ranges stated in Number 2 above, then you should expect to pay more.
- The high end of the range assumes that all items in this category were purchased as new items, not used or refurbished items.
4. Liquor License: $1,000 to $14,000
- The costs associated with obtaining your liquor license may vary significantly depending on factors like location, the availability of liquor licenses, the ability to transfer or assign a license, and the market value of liquor licenses.
5. Business Licenses and Permits: $3,000 to $4,000
- This amount represents the estimated cost of health and various operating licenses required at the local, regional, or state level.
6. Initial Training Costs: $25,000 to $50,000
- Twin Peaks provides initial training to your initial Operator, Unit General Manager, and all Shift Managers prior to opening your Restaurant. Twin Peaks will continue to train Unit General Managers until such time your Restaurant qualifies as a certified training restaurant.
- The Manager In Training Program is up to eleven weeks depending on the job duties of the Unit General Manager and Sift Manager.
- The initial training takes place at one of Twin Peaks’ certified training restaurants.
- You must pay all expenses you or your management personnel incur in the initial training program, like travel, lodging, meals, and wages, and these costs will vary depending upon your selection of salary levels, lodging and dining facilities, mode of transportation, and distance traveled.
- Due to the wide variances in wages, the range of estimated costs does not include wages or salaries.
- The lower dollar amount assumes trainees live near one of Twin Peaks’ certified training restaurants and that no hotel or transportation costs are incurred.
7. Opening Training Team Costs: $60,000 to $75,000
- Twin Peaks provides an Opening Training Team of its trained representatives to provide on-site pre-opening and opening training, supervision, and assistance to you for up to 14 days based on its assessment of your needs in connection with the opening of your Restaurant.
- This support is provided for the opening of your first 3 Restaurants only. You must pay for the compensation, costs of travel, lodging, and per diem of the Opening Training Team.
8. Initial Inventory and Supplies: $37,400 to $99,000
- Twin Peaks estimates that the range given will be sufficient to cover food and paper inventory needs for the first week of operations when training and dry-runs of Restaurant services occur prior to the opening of the Restaurant to the general public.
9. Professional Services: $8,000 to $19,000
- This estimate includes the cost to establish your franchise entity and to have the franchise documentation reviewed. This fee also includes the cost of hiring a company that specializes in helping restaurant operators submit and obtain licenses and permits.
10. Restaurant Opening Promotion: $12,500
- You must carry out a grand opening promotion for the Restaurant that complies with Twin Peaks’ written specifications. It must approve all advertising items, methods, and media.
11. Insurance: $11,250 to $25,000
- The cost does not include any premium for workers’ compensation insurance (or any non-subscription alternatives), liquor liability, auto liability, employment practices liability insurance, data privacy/cyber liability.
12. Additional Funds for Initial 3-Month Period: $80,000 to $150,000
- You will need additional funds during the start-up phase of your business to pay employees, purchase supplies, and pay other expenses, such as monthly rent and security deposit. Twin Peaks estimates the start-up phase to be 3 months from the date you open for business.
- These amounts do not include any estimates for debt service. You must also pay the Royalty Fees and other related fees described in Item 6 of the disclosure document.
- These figures are estimates and Twin Peaks cannot assure you that you will not have additional expenses.
- Twin Peaks relied on the experience of its affiliates’ company-owned Twin Peaks Restaurants to compile these estimates.
13. Total: $3,302,150 to $3,606,000
- Total Estimated Initial Investment: $1,424,550 to $2,710,500