Highlights of World of Beer’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2014 FDD)
- The following table shows certain information regarding sales of the two World of Beer Stores owned and operated by the company’s affiliates in Tampa and Pensacola, Florida.
- World of Beer compiled the yearly sales information from information supplied by its affiliate SZM, Inc. d/b/a World of Beer, which owns and operates the World of Beer Store located at 9524 W. Linebaugh Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33623 (the “WOB Westchase”), and information supplied by its affiliate ZLF, LLC d/b/a World of Beer, which owns and operates the World of Beer Store located at 200 S. Palafox Street, Pensacola, Florida 32502 (the “WOB Palafox”).
- The WOB Westchase location commenced operations in January 2007, and the WOB Palafox location commenced operations in July 2012.
- WOB Westchase and WOB Palafox are the only company-owned World of Beer Stores that were open and operating for at least 12 full months as of December 29, 2013. The 2013 annual sales figures for both Stores are presented below.
- WOB Westchase is the only company-owned World of Beer Store that was open and operating for a full 12 months during 2011 and 2012. Therefore, the 2011 and 2012 sales information presented below is for WOB Westchase only.
- WOB Westchase and WOB Palafox offer substantially the same products and services to the public as the type of World of Beer Store the company franchises, except for food. WOB Palafox did not offer or sell food items during 2013, but will begin serving food in 2014. WOB Westchase began offering and selling food in 2013, but did not have any food sales prior to 2013.
- Both of these Stores receive substantially the same services as those the franchisor offers to new franchisees, except for centralized accounting, financial, and management services.
- There are currently 4 other company-owned World of Beer Stores owned and operated by the franchisor and/or its affiliates, but those Stores were not open and operating for a full 12 months as of December 29, 2013, so the sales information for those World of Beer Stores is not included in this Item 19.
- World of Beer obtained these sales figures from the information submitted by its affiliates (SZM, Inc. and ZLF, LLC). The sales figures presented below are based on the accrual basis of accounting and may not conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Neither the franchisor nor an independent certified public accountant has independently audited or verified the information.
- This information may not be representative of the sales of WOB Westchase or WOB Palafox in any other years.
- “Sales” means all revenue derived from sales of products and services to customers of the Store, but excluding sales, use, or service taxes; customer refunds, adjustments, credits, and allowances.
- Certain fees you pay to World of Beer under the Area Development Agreement and Franchise Agreement and other differences between the expenses of company-operated and franchised Stores are not reflected in the charts below. These expenses and fees include, for example, development fees, initial franchise fees, and royalty fees. In addition, interest expense will be incurred if you finance any part of the initial investment.
- Both WOB Westchase and WOB Palafox paid advertising contributions during the applicable periods presented below, but they did not pay any royalties.
2013 Sales Figures WOB Westchase