Detailed Estimates of uBreakiFix Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of uBreakiFix’s 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document
- Actual costs will vary for each franchisee and each location depending on a number of factors.
- Payments to uBreakiFix are not refundable. uBreakiFix is not able to represent whether or not amounts that you may pay to third parties are refundable.
- This chart describes your estimated initial investment in opening a single uBreakiFix Store and operating a single Mobile Unit in connection with that Store. Your initial investment will be higher if you operate more than one Mobile Unit in connection with a Store.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $0 to $40,000
2. Initial Training Fee: $0 to $12,500
- The initial training fee is payable in connection with your first Franchise Agreement.
- uBreakiFix participates in the IFA’s VetFran Program. If you are a qualified veteran, you will receive a 20% discount on the initial franchisee fee for the first Franchise Agreement.
- uBreakiFix may waive the initial franchise fee and initial training fee for Franchise Agreements executed with uBreakiFix’s affiliated entities. Other circumstances in which waivers and discounts of the initial franchise fee and waivers of the initial training fee may be offered are described in Item 5.
3. Initial Parts and Accessories: $500 to $57,000
4. Initial Inventory of Equipment, Tools, Supplies, and POS Hardware: $9,650 to $21,000
- This figure includes the approximate initial cost for the Information Systems, which is $3,000 to $6,000 (which includes vendor provided training). uBreakiFix has not included the cost of software maintenance agreements, if any.
5. Furniture and Fixtures: $10,000 to $25,405
6. Interior Signage: $1,000 to $4,000
7. External Signage: $2,500 to $12,000
8. Wages, Travel, and Living Expenses During Training: $15,000 to $20,000
- These figures include your costs of travel, food, lodging, and other expenses during your initial 3-week training program. The initial training program will be about 48 hours per week of training over a 3-week period.
- If uBreakiFix has waived the initial training fee, then you will not be required to attend the initial training program and will not incur these costs.
- If circumstances warrant, uBreakiFix may decide the initial training program should be conducted virtually, and your expenses will be lower.
9. Wages, Travel, and Living Expenses During Site Review: $0 to $1,000
- When uBreakiFix receives information for a proposed site, it will review the information and either accept or reject the proposed site. uBreakiFix will review one proposed site at no charge. For a second site that uBreakiFix reviews, and for each additional site, you must reimburse uBreakiFix for all costs and expenses that it incurs in reviewing the site.
- The high end estimate above assumes uBreakiFix will review 2 sites. If additional site reviews are necessary, uBreakiFix estimates that each one could cost about $1,000. These figures include uBreakiFix’s expenses for travel, food, and lodging in connection with each on-site review.
10. Legal and Accounting: $1,500 to $11,000
- If you also sign an Area Development Agreement, uBreakiFix anticipates that your legal fees may be greater and range from $1,000 to $10,000.
11. Business Licenses and Permits: $700 to $1,500
12. First 3 Months Marketing: $0 to $8,000
13. Insurance: $3,000 to $7,000
14. Store Rent – 3 Months: $0 to $20,000
15. Store Security Deposits: $0 to $15,000
16. Construction and Leasehold Improvements: $20,082 to $62,000
- One or more National Account Participant Agreements may also entitle you to operate within an existing third-party retail store, and you may incur expenses, not shown above, to build out a retail counter or kiosk from which to operate, which uBreakiFix expects may cost you between $7,000 and $41,000.
17. Additional Funds for 3 Months: $18,500 to $37,000
- The estimate of additional funds for the initial phase of your business is based on your staff salaries and operating expenses for the first 3 months of operation. The estimate also includes expected lease payments for a single Mobile Unit for the first 3 months of operation.
- The estimate of additional funds does not include an Owner’s salary or draw.
- The additional funds required will vary by your area; how much you follow uBreakiFix’s methods and procedures; your management skills, experience, and business acumen; the relative effectiveness of your staff; local economic conditions; the local market for your products and services; the prevailing wage rate; competition; and the sales level reached during the initial period.
- If you also sign an Area Development Agreement, you should plan and budget accordingly based on the development schedule listed in your Area Development Agreement. You should plan on incurring additional payroll expenses for training associates for stores that are not open yet.
- In compiling the estimates for additional funds, uBreakiFix relied on the experience of its affiliates in the construction and development of uBreakiFix Stores and the operation of Mobile Units.
- Additional working capital may be required if sales are low or fixed costs are high. You should review these figures carefully with a business advisor before making any decision to purchase the franchise.
18. Total: $82,432 to $354,405