In this FDD Talk post based on Item 19 of T.G.I. Friday’s 2014 FDD, you will find the answers to the following questions:
- What were the details of the 2013 average profit and loss statement for company-owned and joint venture T.G.I. Friday’s units?
- Does T.G.I. Friday’s profit and loss statement contain an item for royalty obligations?
- Does the statement include information for franchised units? If not, why not?
- How many company-owned and joint venture units were excluded from the profit and loss statement, and what were the reasons for their exclusion?
- As of December 30, 2013, what was the average length of time that the company-owned restaurants included in the statement have been open?
- Where are company-owned units typically located?
- What are some of the factors that can have a material impact on sales and expenses?
- How does the franchisor define the following terms: Sales; Cost of Sales; Gross Profit; Labor Cost; Controllable Operating Expenses; Profit After Controllable Expenses; Management Training Expenses; Marketing Expenses; Rent, Renovation, Taxes, and Common Area Expenses; Other Occupancy Costs; and Restaurant Operating Profit?
- How may restaurants attained or surpassed the average Sales figure? How many restaurants were below the average Sales figure?
- How may restaurants attained or surpassed the average Restaurant Operating Profit figure? How many restaurants were below the average Restaurant Operating Profit figure?
- What are Franchise Chatter’s views on T.G.I. Friday’s most recent financial performance representations?
To Access the Rest of This Article and Other Premium, Income-Enhancing Content, Subscribe Now or Log In.
Gain the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment. Click Here to Learn More.
Gain the Insider Information (and Actual Earnings Data) You Need to Make a Safe and Smart Franchise Investment - See more at: https://www.franchisechatter.com/register/#sthash.le7wKJKM.dpuf
what are current sales for 2017
Franchise Chatter says
The deadline for filing the 2018 FDD is in April, and the document becomes available a couple months later.
The most current information we have is here: https://www.franchisechatter.com/2017/10/16/fdd-talk-2017-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-tgi-fridays-franchise-opportunity-financial-performance-analysis-costs-and-fees/
We will post the 2018 FDD Talk in a few months.