In this FDD Talk post based on Item 19 of General Nutrition Center’s 2014 FDD, you will find the answers to the following questions:
- What was the average gross retail sales for General Nutrition Center (GNC) stores in 2013? How many stores attained or surpassed the average gross retail sales in 2013?
- How many GNC stores were included in the sample and what were the criteria for their inclusion?
- How does GNC define the term Gross Sales?
- How many franchised GNC stores were open and operating as of December 31, 2013? How many of these stores had been in business continuously throughout the fiscal year 2013?
- Was information presented for franchise stores that were terminated, reacquired, not renewed, or left the system for other reasons during the last fiscal year?
- Was information presented for GNC stores operated by the franchisor or GNC/Rite Aid or from GNC stores located on military bases?
- Does GNC’s financial performance representation include average costs and expenses necessary to operate the GNC store as experienced by franchisees?
- What specific expenses are included under each of these broader categories of expenses: Fixed Expenses, Variable Expenses, Initial Start-Up Expenses?
- What are Franchise Chatter’s latest views on GNC’s financial performance representations?