Highlights of Bottle and Bottega’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2014 FDD)
- A Bottle and Bottega Business provides interactive art entertainment programs and private events to individuals and groups both in a studio and at off-site locations.
- As of December 31, 2013, there were 10 Bottle and Bottega Businesses in operation. Four of those Businesses were operating as Mobile-only Businesses. The remaining 6 Businesses were operating both a Mobile Business and a Studio location.
- Of those 10 Businesses, 7 operated for the full 52-week period ending December 31, 2013. Accordingly, Bottle and Bottega included in this financial performance representation only the 7 Businesses that operated for the entire 52-week period from January 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013 (the “Covered Businesses”).
- The following chart reflects historical sales information for the Covered Businesses from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013; January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012; and January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
- The Covered Business reflected in 2011 is a company-owned Business with a Studio located in Chicago, IL. The Covered Business was operating as a Mobile-only Business until the Studio was opened on March 15, 2011. No franchised Covered Businesses operated for the full 2011 year.
- The Covered Business reflected in 2012 is a company-owned Business with a Studio located in Chicago, IL. The Covered Business was the only location open for a full 12 months in 2012, thus is the only one reflected. The Covered Business was operating as a Studio location for the entire year of 2012, which is why there are no Mobile Business numbers reflected. No franchised Covered Businesses operated for the full 2012 year.
- The company-owned Covered Businesses reflected in 2013 are the 2 company-owned Businesses with Studio locations that were open for at least the full 12 months of 2013.
- The franchised Covered Businesses reflected in 2013 are the 5 franchised Businesses that operated for at least the entire 52-week period from January 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013. Of those 5:
- 2 operated Studios for the full 12 months of 2013;
- 1 operated as a Mobile-only Business for 2 full months of 2013 and operated a Studio for 10 full months of 2013;
- 1 operated as a Mobile-only Business for 9 full months of 2013 and operated a Studio for 3 full months of 2013; and
- 1 operated as a Mobile-only Business for the full 12 months of 2013.
- “Gross Sales” means all revenue from the sale of all products and services related to the Business (regardless of whether the products are sold at the Business or elsewhere), including event sales, retail sales, and consignment sales, including, but not limited to, all amounts that you receive at or away from the Studio, and whether from cash, check, credit and debit card, barter/exchange, trade credit, or other credit transactions, but (1) excluding all federal, state, or municipal sales, use, or service taxes collected from customers and paid to the appropriate taxing authority, including all beverage taxes, and (2) reduced by the amount of any documented refunds, credits, allowances, and charge backs the Business in good faith gives to customers.
- COGS numbers are typically higher for Mobile-only locations in the first year due to aggressive promotions that are conducted to drive awareness to the new Business. Thus costs are spread out over smaller dollars for those months. These promotions are not conducted upon the launch of the Studio.
- COGS figures include artist labor, canvas, paint, credit card merchant fees, and other event supplies.
- The figures reflected in the chart were compiled from Bottle and Bottega’s audited financial statements dated as of December 31, 2011, December 31, 2012, and December 31, 2013.
- Sales results for a Bottle and Bottega Business are affected by a number of factors including the Studio opening, local demographics, daytime and residential population and income levels, site characteristics (i.e. visibility, traffic count, ease of ingress and egress, parking availability), seasonality, local competition, brand and product awareness in the geographic area in which the Studio is located, and your individual marketing efforts. Sales may also be affected by other factors such as weather events and road construction affecting traffic patterns.
Historical Sales Information for the Covered Businesses from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2013