Highlights of Central Bark’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2014 FDD)
- The following data includes all 24 Central Bark Doggy Day Care facilities that were open the entire 2013 calendar year (the “2013 Facilities”).
Total Dog Visits
- The 2013 Facilities had an annual average of 11,113 Dog Visits in 2013, which equals 926 Dog Visits per month.
- 9 of the 2013 Facilities (38%) met or exceeded this average and 15 of the 2013 Facilities (62%) were below the average.
- The fees charged by 2013 Facilities for each Dog Visit in 2013 typically ranged from $25 to $31. However, franchisees may charge more or less than this range.
- “Dog Visit” is measured by one dog attending one day of day care at one of the 2013 Facilities.
Revenue from Dog Visits
- Revenue from Dog Visits constituted an average of 66.79% of the gross sales from the 2013 Facilities and revenue from other products and services, such as overnight boarding, grooming, training, and specialty retail boutique products, constituted an average of 33.21% of gross sales.
- For 13 (54%) of the 2013 Facilities, revenue from Dog Visits constituted over 66.79% of the facility’s gross sales, and for 11 (46%) of the 2013 Facilities, revenue from Dog Visits constituted less than 66.79% of the facility’s gross sales.
- The revenue attributed to a Dog Visit is limited to the fee charged for admission to the day care and does not include fees for any other services, such as grooming.
Increase in Gross Sales for 2013 Facilities
- During the 2013 calendar year, 16 out of 24 facilities (67%) that were open for 24 months as of December 31, 2013 experienced an increase in annual gross sales as follows:
- 3 (13%) of the 2013 Facilities had an increase in gross sales up to 5%;
- 8 (33%) of the 2013 Facilities had an increase in gross sales in excess of 5%, up to and including 10%;
- 2 (8%) of the 2013 Facilities had an increase in gross sales in excess of 10%, up to and including 15%;
- 3 (13%) of the 2013 Facilities had an increase in gross sales in excess of 15%.
- Each of the 2013 Facilities was in operation for the full calendar year in each of 2012 and 2013. To determine the increase in total revenue for each 2013 Facility, its total revenue for the 2013 calendar year was compared to its total revenue from the 2012 calendar year.
Gross Sales During 2013 – Franchised and Affiliate-Owned 2013 Facilities
Less Than $180,000