Highlights of Uno Pizzeria & Grill’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2014 FDD) – Part 1
Analysis of Average Sales and Expenses (Unaudited) for Parent-Operated Full-Service Uno Restaurants – Basis and Assumptions
- The sales information which follows was aggregated from parent-owned and franchised Full Service Uno Restaurants open for the entire fiscal year ended September 29, 2013. Parent-owned Uno Restaurants are operated by subsidiaries of the parent company.
- Information from parent-owned restaurants that operate under the names Pizzeria Uno, Pizzeria Due, and Sue Casa is not included.
- The expense information which follows was aggregated from parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants only, since expense data is not available for franchised Full Service Uno Restaurants.
- The table included in the analysis contains the number and percentage of parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants which, during the period October 1, 2012 to September 29, 2013, reported annual net sales of under $2,000,000, between $2,000,000 and $2,500,000, and over $2,500,000.
- This analysis was conducted using the arithmetic mean (average) annual sales and expenses of all 81 parent-owned Full-Service Uno Restaurants that were open and operated during the entire aforementioned period.
- However, certain charges which you will be required to pay to Uno Pizzeria & Grill under the Franchise Agreement and other differences in the expenses of a franchised Full Service Uno Restaurant are included in the table, as noted in Part 2.
- The parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants used in this analysis are substantially similar to the franchised Full Service Uno Restaurants. However, the amount of sales and expenses incurred will vary from restaurant to restaurant. A new franchisee’s individual financial results are likely to differ from the results described below.
- As of Uno Pizzeria & Grill’s 2013 fiscal year end, the average time in operation of the parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants included in this analysis is 17 years. The Full Service Uno Restaurants included in this analysis are located in the following states:
- Connecticut – 1 Full-Service Uno Restaurant
- Florida – 5
- Illinois – 2
- Indiana – 1
- Maine – 2
- Maryland – 6
- Massachusetts – 24
- New Hampshire – 5
- New Jersey – 1
- New York – 18
- Ohio – 2
- Pennsylvania – 2
- Rhode Island – 3
- Vermont – 1
- Virginia – 7
- Washington, D.C. – 1
- Total: 81
Statement of Average Sales for all Full-Service Domestic Uno Restaurants for the Fiscal Year Ended September 29, 2013
- The following paragraphs contain a comparison of certain financial information received from Uno Pizzeria & Grill franchisees along with the average financial results of the 81 parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants.
- The numbers and percents indicated in the table below relate to the 81 parent-owned Full Service Uno Restaurants and 41* domestic franchised Full Service Uno Restaurants open during all of fiscal year 2013 (October 1, 2012 to September 29, 2013). (*Ambrosio’s note: The number of domestic franchised Uno Restaurants with annual sales over and under the average sales volume of $2,212,161 added up to just 39 restaurants, not 41.)