Updated January 12, 2020.
Detailed Estimates of TITLE Boxing Club Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of TITLE Boxing Club’s 2019 Franchise Disclosure Document
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $49,500
- The initial franchise fee is $49,500.
- The initial franchise fee is reduced to $33,166 for each Franchise Agreement that the franchisee simultaneously signs for the development of three or four Fitness Facilities or when the franchisee signs an Area Development Agreement to develop and open three or four Fitness Facilities.
- The initial franchise fee is reduced to $29,900 for each Franchise Agreement that the franchisee simultaneously signs for the development of five or more Fitness Facilities or when the franchisee signs an Area Development Agreement to develop and open five or more Fitness Facilities.
2. Standard Initial Package: $64,121 to $102,810
- The cost of the Standard Initial Package ranges from $64,121 to $102,810, depending on the square footage of your Fitness Facility and the extent of the equipment required for your Fitness Facility, of which $45,000 must be paid within 30 days after you receive site approval and enter into a lease. The remaining balance due must be paid before the Standard Initial Package is shipped to you.
3. Sales Tax on Standard Initial Package: $0 to $10,000
4. Delivery for Standard Initial Package: $1,000 to $10,000
- The franchisor reserves the right to collect sales tax and charge you the Setup Fee and additional amounts for the costs of handling and delivery of the Standard Initial Package, none of which are included in the $64,121 to $102,810 cost for the Standard Initial Package. The actual cost of delivery of the Standard Initial Package may vary based on distance to your location from Olathe, Kansas and Lenexa, Kansas.
- You may also incur costs for the installation of the Standard Initial Package depending upon whether or not you provide your own labor or you hire a third-party installation team.
5. Initial Training Fee: $5,000
6. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $2,500 to $5,000
- You and your general manager of your Fitness Facility must attend and successfully complete, to the franchisor’s satisfaction, a one-week (five business days) initial training program at the Fitness Facility operated by the franchisor’s affiliate in Overland Park, Kansas.
- The cost for the training program is $5,000. In addition, you must pay all wages, costs of travel, lodging, and other living expenses incurred by you and your general manager.
7. Leasehold Improvements: $0 to $220,000
- TITLE Boxing Clubs are typically located in commercially zoned shopping areas. Due to the costs of land acquisition and new construction, the franchisor expects you will lease the premises. Your actual leasehold improvement costs cannot be estimated with complete accuracy and the range of costs can vary greatly.
- This estimate is based on the franchisor’s experience as of the Issuance Date of the 2018 Disclosure Document and presumes that the facility is in general “white box” condition prior to construction. A facility in white box condition generally includes a finished exterior: the minimal plumbing necessary for gas and water service; functioning bathrooms; an installed electrical panel; basic lighting; and a central air conditioning and heating system with concealed ductwork.
- The typical size of Fitness Facilities must accommodate a minimum of 30 bags to a maximum of 40 bags, and square footage in a range from approximately 2,000 sq. ft. to 3,400 sq. ft.
- Your costs will vary depending on the status of the premises at the time you begin your improvements and whether your landlord will pay any of the costs of improvements. Some franchisees are able to negotiate the costs of tenant improvements with landlords which provide that the landlord will pay some or all of those costs.
- Some franchisees have incurred leasehold improvement costs in excess of the amounts listed above.
8. Architectural and Engineering Services: $5,000 to $12,000
9. Signage: $3,500 to $10,000
- Includes purchase and installation of signage and may vary by marketplace.
10. Additional Fees: $500 to $2,000
11. Security Deposits: $5,000 to $11,000
- This estimate includes the costs of your security deposits and utilities. These are only estimates and will vary depending on the area of your Fitness Facility. These deposits may be refundable.
12. Rent (3 Months): $0 to $30,000
- Rent should be from $0 to $10,000 a month for the first three months of your lease. You may be successful in negotiating zero rent for the first three months of your lease with your landlord.
13. Business Equipment: $1,000 to $2,000
14. Office Supplies: $500 to $2,000
15. Training Materials: $500
16. Business Licenses: $500 to $3,000
17. Insurance – 3 Months: $1,500 to $2,500
18. Music Licensing Fee: $400 to $800
- You may be required to acquire licensing rights from the designated third-party music vendor and pay periodic licensing fees to that vendor. The music licensing fee will cost approximately $400 to $800 per year. Failure to obtain such licensing rights is a material breach of the franchise agreement.
19. Site Selection Assistance/Consulting: $0 to $2,000
20. Additional Funds – 3 Months: $20,000 to $40,000
- This estimates your initial expenses for three months from the date you open for business. These expenses include marketing and payroll costs. These figures are estimates and the franchisor cannot guarantee that you will not have additional expenses starting the business.
21. Total: $160,512 to $519,610
- To compile these estimates, the franchisor relied on the experience of its affiliate and its experience assisting other franchisees who have previously opened Fitness Facilities.