Highlights of Glass Doctor’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- As a franchisee, you will install, repair, and replace residential and commercial flat glass and auto glass; provide other glass related services; and sell other glass related products.
- The total investment necessary to begin operation of a Glass Doctor franchise ranges from $108,800 to $289,000.
Report on Gross Sales, Including Average Gross Sales for the Period January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012
- The sales figures listed below include average Gross Sales and Gross Sales derived from historical operating results of the franchised businesses indicated for the time periods covered.
- The franchisor obtained these sales figures from information provided to it by its franchisees for the period from January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012. Neither the franchisor nor its independent certified public accountant has audited or verified any of the sales figures reported. The franchisor makes no representations as to the accuracy of sales reported by its franchisees or the extent to which these sales figures were derived using generally accepted accounting principles.
- As of December 31, 2012, the company had 167 Glass Doctor franchised businesses in operation in the U.S. Of these, 139 franchised businesses were in operation for the full 12 months of 2012 and reporting sales. Locations that were not in operation for the full 12 months of 2012 are not included in the information provided below.
- You should bear in mind that a newly opened business should not be expected to achieve sales volumes similar to those of an established business.
- All of the businesses for which sales results are reported below were operated by franchisees. The franchisor did not operate any of the businesses.
- All of the franchised businesses are comparable to the franchised businesses offered by the current disclosure document and offered substantially the same services to the public. You should be aware, however, that the franchised businesses for which sales reports are reported below include some businesses that are “conversions,” businesses that were in operation before purchasing a franchise and “converting” from an independent business to a business utilizing the franchise’s system and brand.
- The sales listed below include average Gross Sales and Gross Sales reported by the indicated Glass Doctor franchised businesses. Because these are gross sales results only, no costs or expenses are taken into account. Profits resulting from any given level of gross sales may differ substantially from one business to another.