Updated September 27, 2020.
Detailed Estimates of Young Rembrandts Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Young Rembrandts’ 2020 Franchise Disclosure Document
- The franchisee will provide art classes and teach art techniques to preschool and elementary school children.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $39,500
- You pay an initial franchise fee of $39,500 if you are purchasing the standard Gold Franchise. The initial franchise fee for a Silver Franchise offered in limited areas is $35,500.
- You pay the fee when you sign the Franchise Agreement. If your franchise is terminated by the franchisor for your failure to satisfactorily complete the initial training, it will refund the initial franchise fee less the amount to cover its costs incurred for you but not to exceed 70% of the initial franchise fee.
2. Office Equipment and Computer System: $1,725 to $2,845
🔐The Very Best of Franchise Chatter
- You must purchase computer hardware and software, printer/scanner, fax machine, and a telephone for use in operating the franchise business. This equipment must be purchased following the franchisor’s specifications.
- The low estimate includes the first 3 months of fees under the ASAP Subscription Agreement for the application software. The high estimate includes prepayment of 1 year of fees under the ASAP Subscription Agreement which entitles you to a 10% discount.
- The franchisor is currently investigating the use of a different web-based registration and data management software to replace the ASAP Subscription Agreement in 2019, so fees may change once a new agreement is in place.
3. Travel and Living Expenses While Training: $700 to $1,500
- You are not charged an additional fee for you to attend initial training. You must arrange for transportation and pay the expenses for meals and lodging incurred in attending the initial training program.
- The total cost will depend on how far you must travel and the type of accommodations you choose. This estimate is based on 1 person attending.
4. Miscellaneous Opening Costs: $300 to $1,500
- This estimate includes legal and accounting fees, telephone and other utility expenses, costs for obtaining required certifications or licenses, and other miscellaneous opening costs.
- You must have a dedicated phone number used only for your Young Rembrandts business.
5. Initial Inventory of Art Supplies: $400 to $660
6. Initial Inventory of Marketing and Promotional Materials: $550
- You must purchase the Marketing Starter Kit from the franchisor’s dedicated supplier.
- The Marketing Starter Kit includes an initial supply of brochures, informational and promotional literature, posters, display boards, business cards, brag book, and promotional items.
7. General Liability Insurance: $530 to $1,800
🚀How to Find, Vet & FUND a Good Franchise. Watch Our Webinar Live or the Recording Later (Register Now – It's Free)
- You must purchase the general liability insurance required by the franchisor. The estimate is for a 1-year premium. The cost of insurance will vary based on the types and limits of the insurance you purchase, your location, your driving record, and other factors affecting risk exposure.
- You may also want to obtain sexual molestation coverage which would increase the cost of your insurance.
8. Additional Funds – First 3 Months of Operation: $700 to $3,200
- This estimate covers business operating costs, including supplies, transportation, utilities, and minimum royalty payments.
- No amount has been included for employee compensation in the low estimate. The high estimate includes an amount to cover 2 part-time employees to teach classes during the first 3 months, plus worker’s compensation insurance.
- No amount has been included for draw or salary for the franchisee’s owner. You may need additional funds for personal living expenses.
- There is no requirement that you have an office, so there is no expense included in the above estimates for a lease. It is anticipated that you will operate the business from your home.
- These figures are estimates and the franchisor cannot guarantee that your expenses won’t be higher.
9. Totals: $44,405 to $51,555
- The franchisor has compiled these estimates based on the experience of its franchisees and its general business knowledge.
Territory Development Agreement
- If you sign a Territory Development Agreement, you should anticipate the initial costs listed above for the first franchise you will open plus the initial fee due under the Territory Development Agreement which is $16,500 times the number of franchises you intend to open.