Highlights of Handyman Connection’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD) – Part 1
- Handyman Connection Inc. offers franchises for businesses providing small to medium home repairs and light remodeling using the trade name Handyman Connection.
- This Item sets forth certain historical data reported to the franchisor by franchisees. The franchisor has not audited this information, nor independently verified this information. The information is for the period of January 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012.
Explanatory Notes for Part 1 – Annual Gross Sales
- The following table presents the Gross Sales as reported to the franchisor by 44 out of the 45 U.S. franchisees (representing 68 of the 69 franchised territory outlets in the U.S.), plus one corporate store, who were in operation for more than 12 months as of December 31, 2012 (“Reporting Businesses”). The following table presents the high, low, average, and median Gross Sales for the Reporting Businesses during the data period.
- Gross Sales is defined as a franchisee’s total sales invoices or other items or services billed to the customer for all completed sales, less any discounts and cancellations reported to the franchisor on the HandyNotes system. Note that the majority of these sales do not include the sale of materials, except the corporate store in Cincinnati.
- Average is defined as the sum of the Gross Sales of the Reporting Businesses divided by the number of Reporting Businesses in each operating category.
- Median means the amount that falls in the middle when all other amounts listed are arranged highest to lowest. In other words, one-half of the Reporting Businesses exceeded the median value below and one-half did not.