This post was updated on August 6, 2015 to reflect information from Trumi’s 2015 FDD (Item 7).
Detailed Estimates of Trumi (Formerly Look Good Naked Boot Camp) Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of Trumi’s 2015 Franchise Disclosure Document
- The typical size of a Trumi Business training location ranges from 500 to 1,000 square feet and can be operated out of your home, local park, local community center, or other space. For several items discussed below, your cost will increase depending on where you operate your Business and how many Training Courses you offer.
- This table reflects your estimated initial investment for a single Business operated under a Franchise Agreement. This information assumes that you will operate your Business out of your home or local facility on a per-usage basis.
- Except where otherwise noted, all fees that you pay to the franchisor are non-refundable. Third-party lessors, contractors, and suppliers will decide if payments to them are refundable.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $4,999 to $6,500
2. Lease Deposit, Utility Deposit, and Rent (3 months): $0 to $2,500
- Typical locations for your Business are easily accessible locations, such as local parks, community centers, or any facility with 500 to 1,000 square feet to conduct the Trumi program.
- The low end assumes you operate your Business out of your home or community location offered at no cost; the high end assumes you operate your Business from a leased location, such as a commercial or retail space.
- The franchisor will not allow you to operate your Business from a storefront location or any location requiring a significant or ongoing leasing requirement.
- If you rent a location to operate your Business, the exact amount of rental expense will vary greatly, depending on the location of the business premises, the portion of rent representing the value of leasehold improvements at the Business premises, local market conditions, and other factors.
3. Equipment: $599 to $1,000
- The Trumi Start-Up Kit includes all the equipment you need to operate your Business, including client nutrition and fitness information, a caliper, measuring tape, resistance bands, and the Operations Manual, so no additional equipment needs to be purchased or installed at a Training Session location.
- You may, but are not required to, purchase additional training equipment such as kettle bells, rope, or bands from any supplier or additional Trumi Start-Up Kit supplies or equipment from the franchisor.
4. Signage: $0 to $5,000
- This amount includes estimated expenses for portable signage for your Business, including magnetic signs for use on any vehicle used in connection with the Business.
- The low end assumes that you will purchase no portable signage. The high end assumes that you will purchase graphics for your vehicle or building signage.
5. Office Equipment, Computer, and Supplies: $300 to $1,000
- This amount includes estimates for computer, office supplies, scale, and iPod docking station.
6. Initial Inventory, Supplements, and Clothing: $0 to $600
- This amount includes estimated expenses for nutritional supplements, clothing, and other Trumi branded gear available for sale from your Business.
7. Miscellaneous Pre-Opening Expenses: $100 to $500
- Miscellaneous expenses include local permit and license fees, legal and accounting fees, and insurance premiums.
8. Franchise Training Expenses: $100 to $2,500
- Training expenses include lodging and meal expenses for 1 to 2 people to attend the initial training program in Stillwater, Minnesota. You must pay $199 for each additional individual attending training and $199 per individual for training on each additional Training Course.
9. Grand Opening Advertising and Promotion: $269 to $500
- You must purchase from the franchisor the Start-Up Kit which includes materials to market your Business and although not required, you may want to conduct additional grand opening advertising and promotion of the Business.
10. Additional Funds (3 months): $0 to $1,000
- This amount estimates the expenses you will incur during the first 3 months of Business operations, including initial wages and fringe benefits, insurance premiums, rent, utilities, taxes, cleaning assistance, business supplies, and interest payments on any business loans.
- It does not include inventory costs beyond the opening inventory costs identified in the table and does not include your compensation during this 3-month period.
11. Total: $6,367 to $21,100
- This total is an estimate of your pre-opening initial investment and the expenses you will incur during the first 3 months of Business operations.
- This total is based on the franchisor’s estimate of regional (Minnesota) average costs and prevailing market conditions, the franchisor’s Affiliate’s over 10 years of experience in operating fitness-related businesses, the franchisor’s Businesses and its officers’ 10 years of experience working in the health and fitness industry.