Highlights of Checkers’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD) – Part 2
Explanatory Notes for Sales-to-Investment Ratio
- The following chart discloses the average net sales and investment for the various types of Checkers building formats (other than non-traditional locations), and calculates an approximate sales-to-investment ratio based on that information.
- The information in the column entitled “Average Investment” reflects the average investment (both Company and Franchise) for the various types of Checkers building formats, based on the information provided in Item 7 (exclusive of real estate and related site development costs, including transportation expenses, if applicable).
Explanatory Notes for Checkers System Same-Store Sales
- During the company’s fiscal year ending December 31, 2012, the Checkers system experienced an average same-store sales increase of 4.39% and Company-owned Checkers restaurants experienced an average same-store sales increase of 5.46%.
- During the company’s fiscal year ending January 2, 2012, the Checkers system experienced an average same-store sales increase of 2.14% and Company-owned Checkers restaurants experienced an average same-store sales increase of 5.92%.
- The same-store sales information is derived from Checkers restaurants that were open at least 18 fiscal months prior to the beginning of the first fiscal year of the comparison and that operated continuously during both fiscal years. The franchisor excluded from the calculations any sales comparison for days when a restaurant was temporarily closed during either of the fiscal years of the comparison.
- The following chart compares the same-store sales results to similar data published by some of the company’s competitors. Competitor data was obtained from public filings.
Traditional Double Drive Thru