Highlights of Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa offers professional massage, facial, and waxing services and related retail products.
- A Hand and Stone franchise requires approximately 2,000 to 3,000 square feet of space. They are located in strip malls and shopping centers.
- The franchisor does not own or operate a business of the type being franchised; however, the franchisor’s affiliate through common ownership operated two Hand and Stone units in Toms River and Hamilton, New Jersey.
- The franchisor’s subsidiary, HSM Advertising, Inc. (“Advertising Agency”) will prepare all advertising for use in the System, including grand opening advertising campaigns and local advertising materials, and the Advertising Agency will manage the Marketing Fund and Local Advertising Fees.
- Many states have laws and regulations requiring the examination and certification of massage therapists and estheticians. Some states have laws and regulations that restrict the types of services and treatments massage therapists can offer. You should investigate whether there are regulations and requirements that may apply in the geographic area in which you are interested in locating a Hand and Stone franchise and you should consider both their effect and cost of compliance.
- Certain products, supplies, and services may only be purchased from Approved Suppliers in accordance with the Manual. The franchisor is an Approved Supplier of certain items you must purchase, including massage tables, water feature, artwork, stone kits, counter fixtures, cabinetry, printed materials, and logo items (uniforms, packaging supplies, and other items bearing the Marks), but the franchisor may approve alternate suppliers if appropriate.
- The affiliate Advertising Agency is the only approved supplier for expending the Local Advertising Fee; however, franchisees may use other agencies for expanding advertising above the required Local Advertising Fee.