For the most up-to-date financial information, check out our latest FDD Talk post analyzing College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors’ average revenues, expenses, and/or profits.
Highlights of College Nannies and Tutors’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD) – Part 1
Explanatory Note for Section 1
- The franchisor has prepared six charts which are included in Section 1 below using current pricing and expense information from actual College Nannies and Tutors franchised businesses. The purpose of the charts in Section 1 is to outline the prices, costs, and gross margin percentages and amounts for the services offered in the Franchised Business.
Explanatory Note for Section 2
- In Section 2 below, the franchisor has prepared one chart using actual financial information from College Nannies and Tutors businesses. The chart shows the 2012 unaudited gross revenue of all College Nannies and Tutors franchises that have learning centers, were in operation as of December 31, 2012, and have been open for at least one year.
- A learning center is defined as a commercial space with exterior logo signage and at least five tutoring stations. The franchisor has used this subset of franchisees because the only model it is currently offering requires all franchisees to have a learning center.
Section 1 – Pricing and Hourly Cost Information
Chart 1 – Nanny Services Pricing
- Part Time Placement Fee: $295.00 – $995.00
- Summer Placement Fee: $195.00 – $595.00
- Full Time Placement Fee: $995.00 – $1,595.00
- On-call Set Up Fee: $99.00 – $149.00
- Starting hourly rate billed to families for traditional nanny services: $17.50
- Hourly rate billed to customers for on-call/corporate/emergency care: $18.50 – $32.00
- Driving Record Search: $95.00 (Cost: $4.75)
- Lab Based Drug Screen: $145.00 (Cost: $24.50)
Chart 2 – Tutoring Services Pricing
- Learning Center Tutor Session: $55.00 – $70.00
- Remote Tutor Session: $65.00 – $75.00
- Special Project and College Prep Tutoring Sessions: $65.00 – $120.00
Chart 3 – Nanny Hourly Cost (Traditional Placements)