Highlights of Zoup!’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD) – Part 1
- This financial performance representation consists of five parts.
- Part 1 of this Item presents historical sales data for the 39 Restaurants opened the entire year. Of the 39 Restaurants that were used in preparing the sales information presented in this Item, 3 Restaurants are owned and operated by the franchisor’s affiliate Zoup! Fresh Soup and 36 are franchised businesses.
- These 39 Restaurants represent 85% of the 46 Zoup! Restaurants that were in operation at the end of 2012. The 36 Franchised Restaurants represent 86% of all franchised Zoup! Restaurants and 78% of all Zoup! Restaurants in operation at the end of 2012.
- The franchisor did not receive nightly information from 3 of its franchisees that were operating for all of 2012 preventing it from including their information in this Part 1.
- Part 2 of this Item presents information relating to the seasonality of the Zoup! Restaurants’ sales. The franchisor has provided the average percentage of annual revenue per quarter for the 39 Zoup! Restaurants open for a full 12 months during 2012. These 39 Restaurants represent 85% of the 46 Zoup! Restaurants that were in operation at the end of 2012.
- Part 3 of this Item presents historical cost information, including costs of labor, excluding the general manager, as a percentage of sales and the average general manager’s salary.
- This cost information is provided for a subset of Zoup! Restaurants consisting of the 3 restaurants owned and operated by the franchisor’s affiliate Zoup! Fresh Soup for a full 12 months during 2012. The franchisor has used cost information from its affiliate-owned restaurants because it does not have the actual labor costs from all of its franchisees to determine an average for its franchisees.
Part 1 – Average Sales of Franchised and Affiliate Operations (January 2, 2012 to December 30, 2012; 52 Weekly Sales Periods)
- “Gross Sales” means the entire amount of all of the revenues from the operation of the Restaurant net of applicable sales tax.
- This table does not contain any information regarding the expenses you may incur in operating your business.
- The Zoup! Restaurants included in the sample are located in Michigan (15 units), Connecticut (1 unit), Massachusetts (1 unit), Ohio (8 units), Pennsylvania (6 units), Ontario, Canada (1 unit), Colorado (2 units), Washington, D.C. (1 unit), Illinois (2 units), and Indiana (2 units), for a total of 39 units.
Highest Gross Revenue Zoup! Location