Highlights of the Item 19 Financial Performance Representations of Play It Again Sports (2013 FDD) – Part 1
- A Play It Again Sports Store is a retail store from which you will sell quality used and new sporting goods equipment and accessories. A Play It Again Sports franchise emphasizes consumer value by offering quality used merchandise at substantial savings from the price of new merchandise and by purchasing customers’ used goods that have been outgrown or are no longer used. A Store also offers new merchandise to supplement the selection of used goods.
- The following is a financial performance representation entitled “Unaudited Statement of Average Annual Sales and Gross Profit.” The gross profit figures do reflect the cost of sales but do not reflect the operating expenses that must be deducted from the gross profit figures to obtain your net income or profit.
- This statement includes information from only those Play It Again Sports Stores that had been in operation for the 12 month period ended December 29, 2012. No other Play It Again Sports Stores are included in this statement due to insufficient history of operations (not in operation for the 12 month period ended December 29, 2012).
- There were 307 franchised Play It Again Sports Stores which had been in operation at least one year as of December 29, 2012. Only 306 of the 307 Stores are reflected in the average, however, because Winmark did not have complete information on one store.
- This financial performance representation does not include information for the 8 Play It Again Sports Stores that opened or transferred in 2012.
Statement of Average Gross Sales and Gross Profits of 306 of the 307 Franchised Play It Again Sports Stores for the Fiscal Year Ended December 29, 2012