Highlights of Pretzelmaker’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- The data below presents historical revenue and limited expense information for calendar year 2012 for certain franchised Pretzelmaker stores. The expenses listed below do not reflect any start-up expenses that you may incur.
- The sample used to obtain this information includes only franchised traditional mall stores that had been continuously in operation for the entire calendar year of 2012, that were not co-branded with another concept or supplemented with satellite locations, and that provided the franchisor with the presented financial information for the full calendar year 2012.
- The computation for average net sales included franchised stores that met the following criteria: 1) was open for all of 2012, 2) was a traditional format, and 3) was not co-branded.
- There were 228 franchised stores open and operating as of December 31, 2012. Of these, 118 were traditional stores that operated for all of 2012, 34 were non-traditional locations, 61 were co-branded locations, and 13 locations were not open for the entire 2012 calendar year.
- For all of the 118 reporting stores represented in the sample, the top 25% (29 stores) of the stores with the highest annual sales averaged $555,627 in annual sales. The bottom 25% (29 stores) of the stores with the lowest annual sales averaged $149,675 in annual sales. The remaining stores (60 stores) averaged $306,204 in annual sales.
- Of the 118 stores represented in the sample, 49 stores (41.5%) attained or exceeded the average net sales in the table below.