Highlights of Jackson Hewitt’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- The company offers a franchise for the operation of a tax return preparation business under the Jackson Hewitt Tax Service brand utilizing the company’s proprietary tax preparation ProFiler software and other proprietary operating methods and procedures.
- In the 2013 Tax Season, there were 5,278 Jackson Hewitt Tax Service franchised locations open for business, of which 2,731 were Standard Offices owned or operated by franchisees and 2,547 were Kiosk Offices owned or operated by franchisees.
- Each franchisee is required to open up at least one Standard Office in each territory, other than in Retail Territories, by its second Tax Season.
- The types and amounts of fees charged by franchisees comprising the average revenues per tax return prepared by franchisees may change in future Tax Seasons.
- The first table below contains the average number of income tax returns prepared during the company’s fiscal year ended April 30, 2013 by all Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Standard Offices owned or operated by franchisees.
- The second table below contains the average number of income tax returns prepared during the company’s fiscal year ended April 30, 2013 by all Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Kiosk Offices owned or operated by franchisees.
- The averages in both tables are based on the age of the location (the number of years the location has been open for business in the Jackson Hewitt network) and includes only those Offices that completed a Tax Season in such years.
- The financial performance information presented does not reflect the cost of sales, operating expenses, or other costs or expenses that must be deducted from gross revenue to obtain net income or profit.
- Some offices have achieved these results. Your individual results may differ. The information presented is not a forecast of future financial performance.
Average Revenues Per Tax Return for Jackson Hewitt Franchisee-Owned Offices