Highlights of Caring Senior Service’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- The franchise is for the operation of a business providing non-medical assistance to the elderly and infirm at their homes or places of residence.
- Presented below are the Gross Billings figures for franchised Caring Senior Service Businesses for the 2012 calendar year. Only Franchised Businesses who were in operation for all of the 2012 calendar year are disclosed in the charts below.
- “Gross Billings” represents the Gross Billings for each franchisee in the sample for the period January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012, as reported by the franchisees to the franchisor. The franchisor has not audited the reports, nor have franchisees confirmed that their reports are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- “Gross Margin” as used in the charts below is calculated as Gross Billings, less Caregiver Pay expenses, divided by Gross Billings. In this calculation, Gross Billings does not include billed amounts for products sold to clients.
- “Caregiver Payer” expenses exclude the employer’s portion of payroll taxes.
- The data below does not reflect the cost of sales, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, or other costs or expenses that must be deducted to obtain a net income or net profit figure. Franchisees are not required to report this data to the franchisor, and the franchisor does not have these operating costs for franchisees.
- Businesses included in this Item 19 representation are located in Territories ranging in size from smaller cities with roughly 10,000 resident seniors to metropolitan areas with resident senior populations in the several hundred thousand. The franchisor has not analyzed the sales data to determine what bearing, if any, the size of the population in a Business’s broader market has on its sales.
- As of the date of this disclosure document, the franchisor only offers Territories with a resident senior population of 10,000 if your Franchised Business is to be located in a rural or sparsely populated area.