This post was updated on May 27, 2015 to reflect information from GameTruck’s 2015 FDD (Item 7).
Detailed Estimates of GameTruck Franchise Costs Based on Item 7 (Estimated Initial Investment) of GameTruck’s 2015 Franchise Disclosure Document
- All figures in Item 7 are estimates only. Actual costs will vary for each franchise depending on a number of factors. The amounts payable to GameTruck are non-refundable unless otherwise noted. The refundability of other amounts depends on your agreement with the applicable supplier or other party.
1. Initial Franchise Fee: $12,500
2. Territory Fee: $12,500
- In addition to the franchise fee of $12,500, you must pay a Territory Fee based upon the number of Qualified People in your Territory. The Tier 1 Territory (between 200,000 and 350,000 Qualified People) Fee is $12,500. The Tier 2 Territory (between 350,000 and 450,000 Qualified People) Fee is $17,500. The Tier 3 Territory (more than 450,000 Qualified People) Fee is $22,500.
- Qualified People, for purposes of determining your Territory Fee, are individuals that reside in a zip code where the average household income, according to the most recent available U.S. census data, is $50,000 or more per year in Phoenix, Arizona. GameTruck will adjust the income threshold in other communities in the U.S. based upon a cost of living adjustment calculator.
3. Tow Vehicle: $0 to $55,000
- You must purchase either a 1/2 or a 3/4 ton pick-up truck (depending upon the size of your GameTruck trailer). Your pick-up truck for a GameTruck trailer must have a towing capacity of at least 7,000 pounds and a tongue weight of 700 pounds. Your pick-up truck for a V-Nose trailer must have a towing capacity of 10,000 pounds and a tongue weight of 950 pounds.
- You have to order and pick up the tow vehicle in time when the trailer is ready.
- The tow vehicle must meet the franchisor’s specifications including a specialty package that includes a class 5 hitch, airbag suspension, brake controller, tow mirror, and graphic wrap.
- If the franchisor approves a tow vehicle you already own, you must pay the franchisor or its designated supplier for the graphic wrap and arrange for it to be applied by an approved applicator in your area.
- You will be responsible for having the graphic wrap removed upon termination or expiration of your Franchise Agreement and for any inspection GameTruck needs to conduct.
- If you meet a lender’s qualifications, you may have the option to finance up to the entire amount of the tow vehicle.
4. Tow Vehicle Wrap: $1,500 to $3,200
5. Game Truck Trailer and Opening Package: $59,500 to $109,500
- If you purchase a tow-behind GameTruck trailer, a minimum payment of 1/2 of the total cost of your first trailer is due within 10 days after you sign the Franchise Agreement. The balance is due 7 business days before the completion date of your GameTruck trailer.
- As of the date this Franchise Disclosure Document was issued, the cost of the tow-behind GameTruck trailer opening package was $59,500. If you request additional improvements to the trailer, the price could increase to $109,500.
- The trailer packages include televisions, video game consoles (Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, WiiU), video game controllers (for all consoles), seating, surge protectors, and various cables that you will need for the operation of your GameTruck trailer.
- You may be required in the future to purchase additional video game consoles, controllers, games, and other related hardware and software.
6. Laser Tag Equipment: $0 to $30,000
- You may, but are not required to, offer Laser Tag services in conjunction with your GameTruck Franchised Business. If you decide to offer Laser Tag services, you must purchase an additional approved wrapped vehicle and laser tag equipment.
- This amount reflects the estimated costs associated with acquiring an approved vehicle and laser tag equipment.
7. Trailer Delivery Fee: $1,000 to $4,000
- This is the charge for delivering your trailer to your market. The charge depends on the distance between the trailer manufacturer and delivery location. The charge is also based on gas prices as of the date this Disclosure Document was issued, and may increase if gas prices increase.
8. Lease, Utility, and Security Deposits: $o to $7,500
9. Equipment and Computers: $0 to $6,000
- This includes various technical components including, but not limited to, a fax machine, laptop computer, copier, and printer you may need to purchase in order to operate your Franchised Business.
10. Office Supplies and Furniture: $500 to $2,500
11. Professional Fees: $2,500 to $5,500
12. Business License and Permits: $250 to $1,500
13. Insurance: $5,750 to $7,250
- You must maintain the following types of insurance: general liability, comprehensive automobile, inland marine, and workers’ compensation. You may also want to include abuse and molestation coverage as part of your general liability insurance.
- This is an estimate of the premiums due for 1 pick-up truck and 1 GameTruck trailer. If you have more than 1 GameTruck trailer operating in your Territory, your costs for insurance will be higher.
14. Grand Opening: $3,500 to $7,000
15. Additional Funds – 6 Months: $20,000 to $30,000
- These expenses are additional funds you may need to expend during the initial phase of the business (6 months) including fuel costs, maintenance expenses, vehicle storage costs, license fees, system fees, salaries, facility fees, and other general operating expenses. They do not account for any revenues during this period of time, nor do they include expenses for any of the other categories described above.
- The franchisor bases its estimates of these expenses on its experience and that of its affiliates.
16. Total: $120,600 to $303,350
- These figures are estimates and the franchisor cannot guarantee that you will not have additional expenses starting the business.