Highlights of Chick-fil-A’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- A Chick-fil-A Restaurant is a limited menu, quick-service restaurant with its primary product being a boneless breast of chicken sandwich.
- In addition to its signature chicken sandwich, menu items at a Chick-fil-A Restaurant include a spicy chicken sandwich, nuggets, Cool Wrap, waffle potato fries, salads, and soft drinks, as well as hand-spun milkshakes, freshly squeezed lemonade, and a variety of breakfast items, including a biscuit, breakfast burritos, spicy chicken biscuit, Chick-n-minis, multigrain oatmeal, and yogurt parfait items.
- The typical Chick-fil-A customer is in the 18-44 age group.
- The company believes the market for its products in the broader Sunbelt region from Pennsylvania south through Texas is relatively developed. The market for its products is less developed in other parts of the United States.
- As a general matter, sales at Chick-fil-A are not seasonal. However, if you operate a mall unit, you may experience higher sales during the holiday season when the mall is more crowded.
- Chick-fil-A leases and subleases restaurant premises to its operators. The terms for these leases and subleases vary depending on the location of the Restaurant.
- You will be granted the limited right to operate a Chick-fil-A Restaurant at a specific location designated by Chick-fil-A. You will not receive an exclusive protected territory, express or implied.