Highlights of Massage Envy’s Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- Massage Envy Spas offer professional therapeutic massage services, hot stone massage therapy, customized facial services utilizing a unique process and high-end product line, as well as related products and services in a safe, clean, and friendly environment.
- Since February of 2010, Massage Envy has offered franchises for Massage Envy Spas, traditional Massage Envy clinics (“Traditional Clinics”), and Massage Envy regional developers. Traditional Clinics are substantially similar to Massage Envy Spas, except they do not offer any spa services other than massage therapy. As of February of 2011, Massage Envy is no longer offering franchises for Traditional Clinics, although it may do so in the future.
Explanatory Notes for Average Gross Sales of Massage Envy Spas (All Units, Spa Units Only, and Non-Spa Units Only), and Year One Revenue
- These representations of average Gross Sales are based on historical data of franchised units opened in excess of two full years as of December 31, 2012. All financial information in this representation is based upon actual financial performance of all franchisees in the Massage Envy system opened in excess of two full years as of December 31, 2012.
- For purposes of this analysis, “average Gross Sales” equals all cash and credit sales, less massage therapist tips and any sales tax received.
- Table 1 shows the average Gross Sales of Spa and Non-Spa Units by Cohort (number of years the Clinic has been open). The Clinics have been open at least two full years as of December 31, 2012.
- Table 2 shows the average Gross Sales of Spa Units (new and converted) by Cohort. The Clinics have been open for more than two years as of December 31, 2012.
- Table 3 shows the average Gross Sales of Non- Spa Units by Cohort. The Clinics have been open for more than two years as of December 31, 2012.
- Table 4 shows the Year One Revenue based on Unit Open Date.