Highlights of Anytime Fitness’ Item 19 Financial Performance Representations (2013 FDD)
- The franchise offered is for the operation of a fitness center designed to operate with minimal overhead and labor costs under the trademark Anytime Fitness or Anytime Fitness Express.
- The franchisor began offering Anytime Fitness franchises in October 2002. It began offering Anytime Fitness Express franchises in October 2006.
- Through an affiliate, Anytime Fitness has developed a card access system and security system that allows members of an Anytime Fitness center to have access to an Anytime Fitness center 24 hours a day, automated tanning and vending services, and reciprocal benefits between centers. In some cases, Anytime Fitness may allow your center to not be accessible 24 hours a day.
- If a center will have more than 3,500 square feet, it will usually be identified as an Anytime Fitness center. If it has less than 3,500 square feet, it will usually be identified as an Anytime Fitness Express center.
- The principal differences between an Anytime Fitness center and an Anytime Fitness Express center, other than size, are that an Anytime Fitness center will have showers, while the Anytime Fitness Express center will not, and an Anytime Fitness Express center will either be located in a town of less than 5,000 people, or it will be a second club you open within the Designated Territory of a club you already operate.
- Anytime Fitness centers will also usually have two tanning beds, while an Anytime Fitness Express center will typically only have 1 tanning bed, and the Anytime Fitness Express center will have less exercise equipment.
- Today’s post will focus on Anytime Fitness centers, while tomorrow’s post will be devoted to Anytime Fitness Express centers.
- Anytime Fitness had 1,521 Anytime Fitness clubs open for at least 12 months as of February 28, 2013.